He confuses me. What does he really want or mean. Please help. Serious answers?

He does the sweetest things to make me feel special and reassure me. We're going to be 5 years together in about 12 days. He tells me he's done looking, I'm the one, he fought so hard to for me, therefore he deserves me. He really wants me to move in with him. We talk about marriage, kids, moving in and so on. But 3 days ago we went out to dinner with my cousins, one of my guy cousins asked my boyfriend "So, when are you guys going to get married?". I looked at my bf and he nodded his head "no" with half a grin on his face. I went "along" with it and said nope not till we're 40.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What it could have been is that he did not want to get your family involved at the moment. A cousin of mine is like this at the moment. He does not want to tell his parents nor mine that he will proposing soon to his girlfriend because he does not want the drama of the entire family. He may say to his family that he loves but there's a huge difference between saying you love someone and actually getting married. Marriage is a huge commitment not just emotionally but financially as well. Think of it this way, if you wanted to make a big decision, would you rather keep it between only a few people who can assist and execute said decision quickly, or get many people involved who may cause problems with executing your decision?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He loves you and is glad to have you and probably does wasn't to get married, but maybe not now. Or he could have just said that because he's around friends.

0|0
    0|0
    • None of his friends were around, it was just my cousins. The thing is though, when he tells His cousins about me he's telling them he's seriously in love with me and all that stuff.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• From my perspective, you should be financially stable before you get married. He might be thinking the same way (I'm assuming you don't have a degree or career at 20), or maybe he realizes he's not mature enough, or any reason really. He's smart to want to wait, because there is no rush.

0|0
    0|0
  • ask him about it... but maybe he just didn't want to discuss it with others. Maybe he thought they were being nosey.

0|0
    0|0
  • i guess he didn't want to say the truhth to your cousin

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Well it's the pressure from others. It's hard to be put on the spot like that. I've done that to some of my best friends boyfriends and they'd freak a bit because now all pressure is on them to do it when they want to do things at their pace. I wouldn't read too much into his reaction. What matters most is what the both of you talk about.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he is planning on proposing or he is looking at rings but didn't want to spoil the surprise. It could also be because he was put on the spot and was trying to figure out what to say. If you guys are. so comfortable talking about the future and already been together for 5 years then you should probably go to him and ask him why he said that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes