Guys, do you approach pretty girls or you let them go away?

My female friends always talk about how hard it is to find a bf (by that I mean that guys don't approach them or if they do, they turn out to be popular douches) and I just wonder how's that possible since they are beautiful and friendly with every person they met/know? I can't find a bf either and guys really don't approach me.. I find myself pretty, not a adriana lima type of girl but I'm not ugly either.. I'm out going and friendly but not too much.. So, what's the deal?

It's not just how we look, there a personality that comes with it, but look is the first thing you notice when you meet someone and my friends and I don't even get that 'hi, my name is _____, what's yours?' (If you get the point you'll know what I mean with this)

Thanks for answering or at least trying to (:

222

Most Helpful Guy

• An older woman was asking much the same question the other day on GaG. Since the same things apply, I'll copy over my answer.

--
    Herbie Hancock and John Mayer released a song that talked about this. It's name is "Stitched Up"

here is an excerpt:

--

I wonder where she came from
    I wonder where she's gotta go
    Who's to say she's single and who's to say she's on her own?
    Girls like that don't sleep alone

Ah, here's a thing, here's a thing

That girl is flawless
    And I know I'm not the first one to think that
    And since I'm not the first, I sure won't be the last
    Spend my whole life lookin' behind my back
    I just don't think I'm up to that

--
    Yes, guys are intimidated by your beauty. They are also intimidated by the other guys that can lay claim to your beauty. Since a contest for your affection will almost certainly result in a loss for most guys, most guys choose to not compete in the first place.

Basically, you are going to have to treat being attractive as a handicap that you have to overcome. If you want a bf, you go talk to the guy you are interested in. He will be flattered and you will meet new guys.

• Personaly I don't approach guys, but some of my friends do that and many times they got rejected by them... So, I don't know, I get your point and that song is good example to explane this, but I don't know why they got rejected, since they are pretty with good qualities..

• Yeah, you're right :) Thanks

• Glad to help.

Most Helpful Girl