Was this guy interested in me? Missed connection?

I was hanging out with one of my friends at my dorm and we got bored so we started playing pool (there's a pool table in my residence hall) and we're both pretty bad at pool (it took us an hour to play a game cause we couldn't make any of the balls in). Anyway, this dude randomly comes in and starts watching us play for legit 30 minutes. The last 30 minutes that he watched was us trying to make in the last 5 balls that were left. I looked back at him and jokingly said, "Stop watching, this is depressing!" And he laughed and said, "It's all good." After that match, I asked him if he wanted to play and he was like YEAH, SURE. He goes and gets a pool stick and we're playing 2 vs. 1 (My friend and i lose both times we played). Here's the thing, the whole game... he just watched me which made me REALLY self-conscious and i felt nervous but my friend said she didn't even know i was nervous cause i played it off well. She also told me he had been staring at my butt. I kept making jokes and he laughed at all of them. Whenever it was my turn and i wouldn't make anything in, he'd come around and give me a pat on the back or grab my shoulder and say, "It's okay." He was like, "Sorry, I didn't catch your name." And we introduced ourselves and we shook hands (he gripped my hand really hard). After our matches, he said, "It's okay, I was terrible at first too." And i was like What? We're really that bad? And he was like nono! I didn't mean it that way. And he came over and hugged me and patted my shoulder again. And i said i know what he meant. And then he said, "Well, i have to go now but I'd really like to play pool with you again." And i was like sure, and then we had these 10 really awk seconds of looking at each other, i was assuming he would ask for my number. He didn't. He gave me a knuckle touch and left. I was really disappointed. Was he interested? Tbh, i looked ugly that day. I had a ponytail and glasses.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• "i looked ugly that day. I had a ponytail and glasses."

My girlfriend has said something like this before. Before she's even managed to speak I've told her how cute she looks and she was all "I was just about to say sorry for looking so rough!".

You will nooot "look ugly" when you're having dress down days, trust me!

For the guy, yeah he probably wanted to ask your number or something but definitely sounds like he got a little nervous and didn't take the plunge. He clearly thought you were attractive and had good character! Maybe you'll see him around again. :)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ighhhhhhshoydnlyslbv my freaking goshhh. He's interested but maybe he freaked out

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• He's shown all of the signs that he liked you. He was probably just feeling nervous, that's why it seemed awkward. He played it casual with the fist bump. Next time you see him, maybe initiate a conversation, and ask for his number, flirt a little more, and give him a rematch.

Question is, how much did you like him?

by the way, most guys like the dressed down look. It's comfortable.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know how he got so far with you. He watched you for 30 MINUTES STRAIGHT and that didn't creep you out wtf. He shows no signs of confidence then there is that one awkward moment of silence. If I did this then the woman would never talk to me again. I don't understand this world anymore.

He wants you.

0|2
    0|0
  • He interested. It look like he trying to be your friend ! He break the touch barrier at every opportunity, good move.

Don't expect anything yet, just wait and see which kind of direction this relationship will be.

0|0
    0|0
  • The butt thing was kind of creeperish, he tried a biiit too hard. Maybe he was just awkward, but he was obviously interested in you. Have fun

0|0
    0|0
  • Most likely he is. But maybe a little to much if he was staring at your butt the whole time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he likes you! Maybe he got nervous and didn't ask for your # even if he really wanted to, it happens

0|0
    0|0
  • in my opinion he pussied out , he was about to ask for your number but he was just too afraid

0|0
    0|0
  • No he isn't, he was interested to play pool..

0|0
    0|0
  • He obviously liked you!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• he likes you , have you seen him since?

0|0
    0|0
  • He is interested

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes