Was this guy interested in me? Missed connection?

I was hanging out with one of my friends at my dorm and we got bored so we started playing pool (there's a pool table in my residence hall) and we're both pretty bad at pool (it took us an hour to play a game cause we couldn't make any of the balls in). Anyway, this dude randomly comes in and starts watching us play for legit 30 minutes. The last 30 minutes that he watched was us trying to make in the last 5 balls that were left. I looked back at him and jokingly said, "Stop watching, this is depressing!" And he laughed and said, "It's all good." After that match, I asked him if he wanted to play and he was like YEAH, SURE. He goes and gets a pool stick and we're playing 2 vs. 1 (My friend and i lose both times we played). Here's the thing, the whole game... he just watched me which made me REALLY self-conscious and i felt nervous but my friend said she didn't even know i was nervous cause i played it off well. She also told me he had been staring at my butt. I kept making jokes and he laughed at all of them. Whenever it was my turn and i wouldn't make anything in, he'd come around and give me a pat on the back or grab my shoulder and say, "It's okay." He was like, "Sorry, I didn't catch your name." And we introduced ourselves and we shook hands (he gripped my hand really hard). After our matches, he said, "It's okay, I was terrible at first too." And i was like What? We're really that bad? And he was like nono! I didn't mean it that way. And he came over and hugged me and patted my shoulder again. And i said i know what he meant. And then he said, "Well, i have to go now but I'd really like to play pool with you again." And i was like sure, and then we had these 10 really awk seconds of looking at each other, i was assuming he would ask for my number. He didn't. He gave me a knuckle touch and left. I was really disappointed. Was he interested? Tbh, i looked ugly that day. I had a ponytail and glasses.

310

Most Helpful Guy

• "i looked ugly that day. I had a ponytail and glasses."

My girlfriend has said something like this before. Before she's even managed to speak I've told her how cute she looks and she was all "I was just about to say sorry for looking so rough!".

You will nooot "look ugly" when you're having dress down days, trust me!

For the guy, yeah he probably wanted to ask your number or something but definitely sounds like he got a little nervous and didn't take the plunge. He clearly thought you were attractive and had good character! Maybe you'll see him around again. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Ighhhhhhshoydnlyslbv my freaking goshhh. He's interested but maybe he freaked out