Does my ex want me back?

My exbf who I completely adore; we broke up two years ago because of bad timing. We haven't talked since last year and now he's having a hard time with girls. Out of nowhere he started texting me and we've talked everyday and hung out. He says he wants to be friends but he keeps telling me about the girls he's been meeting. so I'm confused and reading between the lines of why he's texting me. Why is he randomly texting me and does he miss me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You're the one driving yourself insane... trust me Im going through the same thing with my ex. If he can't come out and say he wants you back, then you need to cut all ties and move on, after all its not right for him to tell you about other girls, its hurtful and insensitive. Dont let yourself be abuse or used on any level.

1|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• girl if he said he wants to be friends then you know what , fuck him let him struggle shit like i had this before in my life and yeah im young but like still it seems like you miss him and you want him to kinda say he misses you too... but no if he says he wants to be friends and he's talking about having trouble with girls... yeah for sure he doesn't miss you at all his not thinking about you or even thinking of getting back with you... not in the mean way ofcourse because his dam to leave you thats forsure because thinking like that will drive you crazy and to me you dont need that but its nice that he trusts you and that he can talk you about girls and maybe other stuff but still its a no no to me in the end he will forget about you and will never talk to you because his with some woman I don't know really but thats what i think so leave him alone let him find a way to do it on his own.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Ask him. Stop exhausting yourself. If he says he wants to be friends and then flips the script and wants you back, instead - you need to explain him a thing or two. He needs to learn his lesson, as cruel as it sounds.

Take this from your perspective - you are being played right now, you don't know anything what's going on. You are going insane trying to figure this out on your own. Just... trust me, okay? You don't need this.

3|2
    0|0
  • Duh , it's because he can't find another girl so he figures now is the right time.
    Selfish huh? Wasn't the right time b4 because he thought he would easily find himself a up grade.
    Do not fall for his bs. He's just trying to use you because he's heartbroken he can't find a girl. It's a lot easier going running to you and less complicated.
    His thinking is ,,,, be with you so he's not alone while he keeps looking or keeps his options open.
    Tell him get lost

2|1
    0|0
  • when you say "we broke up", who initiated it? That would help explain A LOT.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe so... but not for the reasons you would want to follow-up!

3|1
    0|0
  • If he's using you as a "how to guidebook" on getting a new girl, that's insensitive. Who would go to an ex, a person with which a relationship obviously didn't work out, and ask for advice?

He's probably attempting to get back with you. If he wanted to be friends, he would just talk to you about random stuff, not just constantly text about girls he can't seem to get with/finding "a great girl."

My opinion, not worth your time, either just cut him short or let him explain himself. I wouldn't bother dating again though.

0|0
    0|0
  • They had hard time, I suppose that he misses your good. But you should make sure that he won't miss his present gf.

0|0
    0|2
  • Because he is missing your sex for long time. Thats all.

2|0
    0|0
  • Well im under 18 so I might be completely wrong but I think he would like some attention and is possibly trying to get you jeleous but if you adore him than you should let him know because all my life and all my friends lives would be so much easier if the girl makes the move, besides most guys especially one who is having problems with girls are going to be a lot more open to someone asking them out.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• if he says he wants to be friends, he wants to be friends. Sure he misses you, but not in a romantic fashion. This legit happened to me last year. he's telling you about other girls because he's comfortable letting you be his emotional cushion. If you want what's Best for you, confront him, and figure it out. You don't want to be led on for more than you have to be.

2|0
    0|0
  • The fact that it's been two years since you guys broke up, and that you still adore him is what really worries me. Yes, it's possible that he might miss you, (weird, slightly awful way of demonstrating that) but it's also possible that he is playing games! Unfortunately, in these situations it's hard to say for sure.
    But honestly, take a step back and evaluate what is happening. A guy you really like dumped you two years ago. Didn't try to be friends, just flat out ignored you for a whole year. Now he's back, and is telling you allllll about other girls, which I quite frankly think is super innapropriate. Now I totally understand that it's hard, and it hurts, but would you really want someone in your life like that? Would you want to have a love that you were constantly second guessing? And if so, why? I don't think you can truly be in a healthy relationship until you have a healthy relationship with your own self, and putting yourself through all these confusing mixed messages isn't fair to YOU.

0|0
    0|0
  • You said he is having a hard time getting girls, then im guessing he's only wanting you back because he can't get no other girl, but then again he's feelings may of came back you never know.
    but my advice is be hard to get.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess maybe but as u said his having a hard time with girls becuz of tht reason he wants to get back with u. But i won't also say tht take things negatively so just be careful and dnt just jump into conclusions. Check his behavior for sum more days.

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems he is lonely. Dont get your hopes up. When people are lonely they go to the most familiar and convenient thing which in this case happens to be you. He wants to be your friend which is probably true but that only benefits him, not you. Its pretty selfish actually. Not to be mean but it may have nothing to do with you and more about him. You are convenient for him. You deserve better than someone like that

0|0
    0|0
    • Totally agree. He's just after sex. And convience of it thinking she will just let him in her because she's insecure

• If he's having a hard time with other females its for a reason. I think you're kinda like a rebound for any difficulties with other girls. It's kinda like he has someone to talk to when the other girls don't. I'd be friendly, but don't let yourself get in too deep.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he likely misses you and what you had and you make him feel good about himself. Be careful if you don't want to be just friends... maybe think how you can take control.

I would recommend reading Mr unavailable and the fall back girl.

It is tough... really tough... but the only way to have the relationship that you want us to create the life that you want... whether that's with him or someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know him so I can't say for sure but in my opinion if it took him a year and until he started have problems with girls to start texting you and seeing you then it's because of just that. He has no one else and doesn't want to be lonely and knows that because you adore him you will give him that attention he wants. Just be careful with your feelings on this one and trust your gut. If he really loved or cared about you he deff would NOT be meeting with other girls let alone telling you about them. His attention would solely be focused on you. If this is the case then I know many like him.

1|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like he's moved on and literally just wants friendship but it doesn't mean you can't try to get him back.

0|1
    0|1
  • I think the fact he broke it off just to play the field a bit more sucks... because you were never his number 1... since he can't find a girl that can fall for that any more i honestly would be iffy about taking him back... what if he's still not done hopping from girl to girl? what if he then leaves again because of apparent "bad timing", i would honestly ask him what he really wants... because most guys are never interested in friendship with girls so any time a guy says "I just want to be friends" it makes me immediately suspicious lol, being "friends" means something else to 99% of guys... If he's seeing other girls how do you know what he's even with them when he's with them? definite red flag... i don't think it's worth it if he never treated you like his number 1 the first time...

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't if he doesn't he wouldn't mention other girls. Sorry honey

0|0
    0|0
    • Wrong wrong wrong, guys purposely do this to get a girl amped up at the thought of being with someone so"wanted"

• Oh god no. He only misses you as a booty call. Re-read your message and look at the key pieces.

1) He is having a hard time with girls
    2) He texts you out of nowhere
    3) He tells you about the girls he is meeting
    4) He doesn't want to resume the relationship and wants to just "hang out".

This is why I don't watch chick flicks, because these things cloud your head and always make you believe that you are going to be in something sparkly, lovely and fluffy.

In my opinion, I believe he left your on the back burner and out of desparetation, he wants to come back to you. I don't know if he is going to love your or not but that is up to you to decide.

I have put my two cents in.

0|1
    0|0
    • No kidding !! Girls are not this dumb are they? He totally just wants sex and she's a easy lay to him because she's so gullible

• Hello everyone my mouth is full of testimony i will not had believe a spell caster in my life until i was help by Dr OJEFOR I have been married for 5years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my husband away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 1years until i meet a post where this man Dr OJEFOR have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my Husband home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48hours as he have told me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make every one of you in similar to met with this man and have your lover back to your self. His email: DROJEFORSPELLCASTER@GMAIL. COM

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like you are being friendzoned.

0|1
    0|0
  • It seems like he has moved on and just wants to get friendly advices from you.. and comfortable enough to tell you his issue with getting girls. If he did still have feelings for you he wouldn't be telling you

0|1
    0|1
  • DId you just try and ask him why he was being this way? And do not have this conversation over text message, email, Facebook, social media... Do it in person!

0|0
    0|0
    • Sounds like puppy love and spin the bottle type of bf from the beginning.

Recommended myTakes