Was it friendly cuddling or more?

So I started seriously falling for a guy just as we started becoming close friends. Since we started hanging out more, we've cuddled a few times in the past 2 or 3 weeks while just hanging out and talking, and I always let him initiate it. It's gotten a little closer each time to, like, him having his arm around my waist, rubbing my back, stroking my hair some, my head on his chest, and us holding hands. I've never fallen for a friend before, so I'm absolutely clueless here. I want to say he feels the same way I do, but most of our friends are touchy/cuddly anyway, so I don't want to read too much into it if it's just friendly.
There's a catch though: he just got over getting rejected by a mutual friend of ours who really led him on. It's been almost 2 months now that that happened to him, so he could be fine but he is also a sensitive guy. He doesn't talk in detail about it to me much, so I don't really know. Please help clue me in!

10