• They care and want good things for you
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I feel lonely but I like to be alone

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• if a guy wants to change you then he is not happy with who you are and is not worth your time.

not all guys are like this, most guys like a girl for who she is not who he can turn her into

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Most men hope women don't change, most women seem to hope men will.

2|10
    0|0
  • A guy at work talked about his relationship and how she managed to disappoint him in a myriad of ways. Some weeks later the same guy got fired - I'm not sure of the connection here.. but there you go :D

Everything has different levels in it. If a girl tells me she's sick and then 5 minutes later goes on to say something like "but I need to party tonight" - I might say something, because she just looks stupid that way. Other than that, I don't care how they walk or what they eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Really? I find it the other way around. As the old adage goes: A man marries a woman thinking she will not change--and she does. A woman marries a man thinking he will change--and he doesn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • For the same reasons women want to change men I suppose. From my experience both sexes try and change certain habits of the other that they find annoying or destructive. These are typically habits that are annoying, but not deal breakers or things that recently developed. For instance partners that drink a lot, smoke, get way too angry all the time, or play mind games, "what's wrong babe?" "nothing" even though something clearly is.

I believe most of the time it is good intentioned, although many times it can go overboard. Then it is definitely a form of control.

Is there any situation you are talking about?

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your reply and everyone else, in specifics smoking aparently it's a issue or just things like napping a lot as this person doesn't do it they don't understand me doing it at all I have tried to explain why until I've ran put of explanations and I'm having a hard time deciding if it's caring or controlling what do u think?

• Show All
    • I no but like I said I don't see any harm if it's not harming him and it's not, at all

• Well first he loves YOU and doesn't want to see you hurting YOURSELF. Second, the second hand smoke is harmful to others.

• I never force my girl but defntily loves to see in a way I love too see her.
    And I don't think it is controlling and dominating.

0|0
    0|0
  • I strongly think that in the most cases, it's the other way around

0|1
    0|0
  • not all guys

ersonally i'm not forcing them to change :-)

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't mean all men on the planet but you must know a male friend who does this and wonder why

• I wouldn't look to change a female, unless they asked me to.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's more likely reversed

0|2
    0|0
  • In the age of feminism, it's the females who want to change the males.

1|3
    0|0
    • This may be true but it's not clear why we do this as humans I don't fully understand it.

• ……….. Do we?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• no guy on here will admit that it's a form of control LOLLL

honestly it depends on the situation and the person

2|2
    0|4
    • I will agree with you completely.

• Show All
    • Lol like the humorous wordplay! Also there is a reason I chose that name. I also think I misunderstood that you intended the first part to be a joke.

While I do agree that it can be like that I think most people do it to try and improve someone, and sometimes they can get carried away, or even simply be bad people and have it be a form of control.

• Well either way male or female is not right unless it's causing serious issues, which it's not

• Both men and women could attempt to change the other person. Though they really should not try to change the other person, unless it is for the good (for example: try to change them from doing drugs or whatever else may cause self harm). If they are just changing them for stupid reasons, it's generally to build up their ego and to have a controlling factor. Does this make sense?

0|2
    0|1
  • people get "old" and change...

0|0
    0|0
  • It's an ego thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be both the reasons u mentioned

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that everyone has an image of the "perfect" person and even the "perfect" life. In general we try to change what we can to accomplish this impossible perfection

0|0
    0|2
  • If anything the opposite is true almost all the time.

We get with men hoping we can change him, and they never do.
    They get with us hoping we never change, and we always do.

I heard that somewhere once and I totally agree.
    We put on an act when we are trying to get their interest, pretending we are ok with their female friends, or the things that make them male. Then they get with us thinking that we are the cool chick who lets them be themselves... once we are in the relationship, the true colors come out and we start telling them we "aren't comfortable" with there female friends, or that they look at p*rn , or do normal guy things.
    The girl they thought we were goes away, and the guy they said they were becomes something we shame into a person they aren't.
    This is not right,

0|5
    0|0
  • I also wanna change people of the opposite gender.

0|0
    0|1
    • Do u know why or do it intentionally? Is It out of discusting for there behaviour or just to make you feel better x

Recommended myTakes