How can I help my boyfriend feel better?

My boyfriend was beat up by a bunch of guys in a bar when he stepped in to ask them calmly to leave me alone bc they were harassing me. He walked away with me next to him and the guys came back and started harassing me again and he got upset. Asked again for them to leave me alone and they started punching him and kicking him. He fought them and I tried to help as best I could but didn't "win" bc he ended up in the erand now feels really really bad that I saw him like that, not being able to protect me. How can I make him feel better? Guys what would u want ur girlfriend to say?

315

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems to me that although he got beaten up, he actually DID successfully stand up for you. Didn't he?

• He did but he thinks he failed bc he ended up in the er and I helped him a little

• Point out he stuck up for you, tell him he was brave, tell him you're glad he's gonna be okay, and jump him as gently as possible.