How can I help my boyfriend feel better?

My boyfriend was beat up by a bunch of guys in a bar when he stepped in to ask them calmly to leave me alone bc they were harassing me. He walked away with me next to him and the guys came back and started harassing me again and he got upset. Asked again for them to leave me alone and they started punching him and kicking him. He fought them and I tried to help as best I could but didn't "win" bc he ended up in the erand now feels really really bad that I saw him like that, not being able to protect me. How can I make him feel better? Guys what would u want ur girlfriend to say?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems to me that although he got beaten up, he actually DID successfully stand up for you. Didn't he?

0|0
    0|0
    • He did but he thinks he failed bc he ended up in the er and I helped him a little

• Point out he stuck up for you, tell him he was brave, tell him you're glad he's gonna be okay, and jump him as gently as possible.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Male pride is hard to repair. I don't know how, but make sure you make him feel manly again somehow. But if I know one thing for sure, is that you shouldn't pamper to him and remind him "that it's ok, it doesn't matter that you win I still luv u anway" etc and etc. Get his mind off of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him they were cowards for taking him on all at once and that you love him for trying to protect you. Contrary to what the movies say I don't really believe it is possible for anyone to take on a whole gang of foes like that.

2|0
    0|0
    • I hope the bartender or the manager called the cops on those guys.

• No normal guy can fend off several people at once, just show him that you're alright and no harm came to make him feel like he did his job to protect you even if he got his ass kicked by a bunch of people

2|0
    0|0
  • There is nothing you can do, to make him feel better. The right thing to do, would of being for you to get the doormen, and tell them. At the end of the day your boyfriend should stop acting like some bruce lee, were he could take on a bunch of guys, and always feel he needs to protect you from other guys, cause he just can't protect you all the time. There always be someone bigger and harder than you out there, and that's what your boyfriend needs to accept.

Your boyfriend, is just letting his pride get in the way, and that's a silly thing do. Sorry no disrespect your boyfriend. Its for man and women, NEVER LET YOUR PRIDE GET IN THE WAY.

2|0
    0|0
    • Next time this happens to you, I suggest you get the doormen involved, that's what they are there for, to protect you, and protect others from you. Sorry I am not trying to be horrible, but you need to take responsibility for your own safety.

• at least he tried. it takes courage to stand up to a group of people like that. they were the cowards for ganging up on one person.

1|1
    0|0
  • those guys were assholes , you have a nice bf tho, u guys should take a self defense class together. it'll boost his confidence and his ability to defend you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Perhaps he should carry a weapon. If he cut one of those scumbags I bet the rest would run.

0|0
    0|0
    • But more importantly, why are you in such bars? Pick places more civilized.

• Even civilized places can get out of hand when a bunch of guys have one too many.

• Lel pussies ganging up on one huh. Typical gabgstahs lel

1|0
    0|0
  • basically congratulate him by the fact he protected you i gues...

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him you love him and it doesn't matter if he lost or got beaten up. Just as long as he's safe.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would feel the same way he does honestly, like I let you down.

0|0
    0|0
  • Those guys are dicks.

3|1
    0|0
  • that he tried his hardest to protect you and thats all the matters.

0|0
    0|0
  • Was it a gay bar?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Just make sure that he knows that you don't see him as less of a man because he got his ass kicked in - sounds to me like it was more than one dude on him too, which is a totally lopsided fight, so point that out to him. Make sure he knows is that what matters to you is that he stuck up for you, whether he won the fight or not.

0|1
    0|0
  • So what. If you are against a group, you must be a skilled fighter to withstand. At least he was not afraid going against them, and he may be proud to have a gf that went also into the fight. You fought as a couple against too many opponents, and you came out well. So you did not fail at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well just say "Even if you didn't "win" I know that you have made them back away from me and protected me because you love me. Loving me counts more then winning to protect me." Or if it doesn't work just do this. "PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER MAN, YOU GOT IT!"

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes