Guys, have you ever regretted not taking a chance on a great girl but for whatever reason, you didn't go for it. And why?

I'm wanting know what makes guys hesitate when they know she is great.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I while back I had a friend whom I met at work. I generally don't talk much, cause I never have much to say, so I come off as shy and awkward. But she was crushing on me, and one night, after work she asked me to get yogurt and cigars. That's when I knew she was like the coolest person ever. we started hanging out a ton.

She asked me out about three months later, and she kept pressing it and brining it up casually. She even convinced me to leave my current relationship, so that I could "love myself," before entering into a new one.

I just wasn't attracted to her. It wasn't at all as though she wasn't pretty. She was very attractive, and fun to talk to. She just wasn't my type. She was a little on the thick side for me, whereas traditionally, I dated the beachy petite feminine girls, she was more of a hipster.

Couple weeks went by and a guy at work asked her out. I was the "guy bestie" brotherly role, that wanted her to be careful and not have sex until she was ready, etc. I helped her through her guy troubles.

But something happened, she grew distant with me. She started to go weeks with out talking to me or texting me. I guess it isn't until you lose someone that you realize you'd fallen for them. The irony is, I had gotten out of a relationship hoping to "fix myself" without worry of heart break.

Turns out you don't have to be in a relationship to get your heart broken.

• Wow thanks for sharing that. How did u fall for someone who is not your type?

• Hmm. For some reason I don't get that vibe at all from her. She acts like nothing happened when she sees me.

• That is a defense mechanism. Some girls are like guys in that sense.