Why do guys tell their friends details about their sex lives?

I'm really curious. Do you know of guys who do it? Do you tell? Does it matter whether she's your girlfriend, a friend, or a stranger?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't honestly say that I really do that. I mean, it may occasionally come up, like, "Oh, we had somewhat of an intimate evening yesterday," if someone asks, but I never go into specifics.

I don't think it's really any of my friend's business, and it's incredibly disrespectful to whomever I happen to be dating at that time. I don't think my fiance would be too appreciative if I told all my guy friends what positions she likes, and how vocal she may or not not be during orgasm, for example.

I just have way too much respect for my partner to go around blabbing personal, intimate details about our sex life.

0|1
    0|0
    • Do you think guys who talk about what their girlfriends do in bed don't respect them?

• I wouldn't say they don't respect them, necessarily. I would say that is disrespectful, though, from my point of view.

Other people have their own opinions on what is respectful, and what isn't. I can only offer my own opinion on the matter.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Umm guys generally don't do it. If it does happen the most information given is yes, we had sex. From what I've seen a lot of girls go in an overly excessive amount of detail about size, technique, foreplay, eye contact, intensity etc...

1|0
    0|0
    • Do they talk about their boyfriends or hookups?

• I'm assuming you mean the girls... if so both. A lot of girls are more restrictive towards their boyfriends but hookups have no limits... this girl told me how she didn't even know if this guy made it in her vagina... a euphemism on how small he was.

• i have never spoken about my sex life with any guy and no guy has ever spoken about theirs with me, or in my company, and i find myself around guys all the time with my work and for long periods of time, or maybe its just an irish thing to be respectful of the person one is in a relationship with

1|0
    0|0
  • Not all of us do. I have never liked feeling like there are multiple people in my bed (unless there actually are multiple people in my bed) so no, I don't give 'details'. They can meet the woman but everything is above board at that point. After all, women can speak for themselves and a gentleman never tells.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys will never talk specifics about sex with even their best friends if it is a wife or girlfriend (anyone they really care about). We might say "we had sex last night" or something generic. But we are not going to go into details.
    if we hooked up or if we just don't care about her and it was just sex, then we get into every suck she did

0|0
    0|0
    • I heard from my guy that his friend talked about how amazing it is that his gf lets him tittyfuck her or rather how great it is because she has big breasts. This is not generic anymore. His friends know her for more than a year.

• well there are exceptions to every rule. There are going to be douchebag guys out there. Just like there are going to be really nasty douchy women.
      or maybe she just doesn't mean anything to him...

• Lol yeah hell yeah I do it but only if its with a girl I'm not saying cuz I'm not gonna tell about my gf so whenever they do see my gf they're gonna picture in their mind what I said her tits look like , how her mouth looks , if she's skinny how her ass looks out of pants I just don't do that but if she's not my gf or I don't feel like nothing is thing past this I'm letting my boys know

0|0
    0|0
  • We never tell about details and we don't like talking about the details. The most common phrase is. Did you fuck her? If the response is affirmative, then end of discussion or we would talk about the positions and the duration

0|0
    0|0
    • Aren't positions details already? :O
      What if she's the girlfriend? Do you still tell?

• No we usually talk about one night stands. I've never talked with my friends about girlfriend sex.

• I'm not sexually active, so I don't do it. But of course they do. The real question is why do women typically think it should be some kind of secret?

0|0
    0|0
    • because it's more respectful to keep certain things between you and your girl...

• Show All
    • Because she's your girlfriend and you respect her? I don't think she ought to tell you to not tell. I get that you'd want to tell other 'yay, we had sex', but I don't quite understand why you'd wanna go into details... like she lets you titty fuck her and so on.

• I was thinking along the lines of how sexually active you are or whether you're having sex with someone, since that's a detail about sex life rather than particular sexual experiences. But yeah, in that case you shouldn't share without asking your partner beforehand. I guess that would be an awkward question to ask though, "Would I be able to tell my friends about what we did?" "No." "Okay."

• Yes I have done it, and I know others who have done it. The reason is for advice and/or bragging, though I try to keep bragging to a minimum. Don't pretend girls don't do it, cause they totally do.

0|0
    0|0
    • My friend don't. I didn't until recently when I needed advice. She is a doctor though.

• I agree, it's mostly for advice and tips.

• the guys who are men don't tell their friends about sex lives. if he tells, he is a bitch. people must respect each other.

0|0
    1|0
  • Generally some guys will talk about hookups, nobody talks about their gf or wives.

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you think about the few who do? Why do they do it?

• Show All
    • That particular case, at least the more obvious one, she was just someone quite open, and talking to my wife and i at the same time, and encouraging my wife to try something SHE likes, while i kept my damn mouth shut hoping she'd convince her :p

• hahaha :D

• personally i don't.

what i do on my bed is my own busines and only.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do women tell their friends how big/small their partners are?

0|0
    0|0
    • Make your own questions lol

• Show All
    • Life partners or hookups?

• Both.

• Because all the sex we are having (which is really lame) makes other guy friends feel bad about all the sex they AREN'T having! It's a vindictive thing. When everyone has a girlfriend or boyfriend or transfriend or one of those inflatable dolls it's just not spoken of.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I hope I don't end up with someone like that. Keep it private it isn't anyone else's business.

0|1
    0|0
    • Stay clear from talkative guys who are never too shy to give compliments to anyone, guy or girl, and you should be fine :) At least that's what I noticed that made him stand out among his friends and other guys. Maybe the talkative guys don't do that either and he really is just one of the rare exceptions.

• Yes thanks :D

• I do that with my female friends too. I'm pretty sure most do. it's normal and healthy to do, probably benefits your relationship (unless it's in a disrespectful manner).

0|0
    0|0
    • I get it when he had questions or problems and needed advice.. but I'm not sure how his friends can benefit from hearing how great the titty fuck with his girlfriend was? Or in the girls case, how the girls can benefit from hearing how huge your boyfriend's dick is?

• those are examples of disrespect. I don't discuss penis size with my friends or any too intimate details of what we do.

• My bf never talks about our sex life to his friend! :)

0|0
    0|0
    • That's encouraging to know :)

• Show All
    • I don't even talk about that with my BFF

• Yeah I guess we are very open :)

• From what I've observed, guys don't talk about their sex lives and get into details. There may be some, I guess. Tbh, my girl friends do that often. In details.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes