I know that most men don't like being told what to do. Or asked to do something. So when we need help, how do we communicate with you? Tips?

I am not referring to a woman who is bossy, critical, or demanding. Or one who nags. No one can stand that. No one. But, seriously... if you don't respond to being told what to do (I understand the alpha male bit is at work on this one), and you also prefer that we don't ask you to do things (feels like nagging), and you keep communication with us to minimum, how on Earth are we supposed to get the message across when we need your help with something? What can we say that is appreciative and non confrontational? Pizza and beer only work so many times in a row. And let's face it, there are plenty of things we could use your help with.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• I find that with many women its not so much the simple fact of communication, but the fact they keep at it, and at it, and at it, ad infinitum! For instance, how to show appreciation, when some of my exes were wrong in a fight (yes women can be wrong, you are human just like us!) they would go on and on literally for hours saying almost the exact same thing to me. That pissed me off more than the fight!

Men often times value actions more than words, or more than words alone. In a case like this tell him you were wrong sorry, etc . ONCE, let him process it, he will most certainly forgive you, than instead of continuing to talk about it just wrap your arms around him cuddle and say "I love you." The same thing goes for asking ask him ONCE let him think about it, and he will prob. agree.

Basically, if you communicate, by which I mean talk, less often but at critical points than 1. We are FAR less likely to tune you out when you have something to say 2. He will be far more likely to acknowledge you have a point when he doesn't listen.

As for reminding, it is not so much that you talk for a long period of time, its non stop reminders. Like every day. This will cause us to be more likely to tune you out which is what you don't want. If you want to cut the amount of nagging, I would start just every other time. When you get the urge to remind him just don't and go about your business there will be plenty of opportunities in the future!

As for reminding we respond more when our gf is happy/excited, rather than annoyed at us. If you are reminding him about say a big dinner date with friends, just smile be exited and tell him you can't wait to catch up with them this Sat or whenever.

As for communication with you I notice women tend to focus more on certain aspects such as vocalness, tone of voice, facial expressions. These are important, but remember what I said, men often value actions as well as or over words. Look at what he does, not just what he says.

• A very wise woman once told me that it is so much better to build a man up! She was so smart :) Be appreciative, remember actions are just as loud as words, and encouragement and affection will get you more than nagging, complaining, insulting, or subtle implications of infidelity with you "good friend" who is willing to come over and do whatever you want...