A friend of mine told me that I should maybe try getting into a relationship. What should I do?

Recently a friend of mine told me that I should maybe try getting into a relationship. She told me that I am pretty attractive and that with my looks it wouldn't be hard to do. I've never been in a relationship before; I've had a rough time making good friendships, let alone a meaningful relationship since I have transferred in highschool a couple times. I used to be pretty shy and self conscious, and although my self confidence is very good now it's fair to say that I'm very inexperienced. I met this girl a long while ago, got seperated after changing schools, and now we're in the same university together. I've always found her attractive; she has a bubbly, slightly aloof personality, a gorgeous smile and pretty looks. While it feels nice that she said I'm attractive, the way she expressed it gives me the feeling she's not interested in me, rather she sees me just as a friend. I do feel lonely and would like a relationship, but don't know where to look for one. Should I try to change her perspective, and if so, how, or should I be looking elsewhere, and again, how? I'm 6'2, 195 lbs, athletic in fairly good shape, if it helps.

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Does she give you any signs that she likes you? She may be suggesting that to you to hide how she feels about you while simultaneously getting you to think about people you'd consider for a relationship... which could include her.