He's always the one to start the conversations first but when I reply?

When I reply back, he literally takes 15-20 minutes to reply to each meassage. Why the feck does it take him that long? It makes me feel like as if he was not interested in talking in the first place. 15-20 seems like way too much time. Why is he doing this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry about it. People have different paces to reply to messages. The important thing is that he replies, even if he takes long, and that he starts the conversations.

1|0
    0|0
    • You're absolutely right but I happen to lack patience. For that reason, I feel the obligation of cutting him off.

• No, please don't do it. Just try to get used and talk. It's no big deal. Let things go, you'll see that maybe it'll get better with the time. Maybe...

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha.
    Honestly, considering I'm the type that takes two days to reply sometimes, 20 minutes should be a blessing.

Odds are, his not on his phone all the time. That's a good thing. Don't let it get to you.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree. Yet like I mentioned to the guy above ^^^^ there is a pettern though. Some texts he will reply within 2-3 minutes but most of the others it takes him such a lllllllloooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg time.

• Doesn't want to look desperate waiting for you text.

• Possibly lol Thanks :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• it's not long basically!

other people take 1-2 or even 5 hrs to reply.

well i gues you're overreacting... he's not over his phone all the time i suppose :-P

1|0
    0|0
    • 1-2 hrs? Oh no, I just would not be able to have a conversation with someone like that.

You know, I thought that at first but there is a pattern to some texts he will reply in about 2-3 minutes but to the majority of the hours it takes him about 30 minutes. Makes me want to just cut him off completely.

• He don't want to seem like he waiting by the phone for your message.

2|0
    0|0
    • I think it's stupid, if you ask me. It just bothers me he does this because it takes so long. for instance i replied to one of his texts about 30 min ago and he still does not reply. it makes me not want to talk to him anymore.

• When you talk to him in real life, casually joke that he take age to reply to you. He should get the hint then and hurry the fuck up!

• haha noted. Thanks.

• lol, he's drafting multiple responses and deciding which one to send! hahaha

1|1
    0|0
    • is that possible?

• Duno, it's a funny idea though. lol. Sometimes I don't know what to say, so I don't reply then I forget about it and only respond hours later when I've remembered and thought of something. haha

What Girls Said 2

• 1. He's overthinking his responses.
    2. He doesn't want you to think that he's clinging by the phone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he's thinking about what to say!

1|0
    0|0
    • update: he did not reply to my last message.

I just don't get it. He starts the conversations but then does not text back.

Recommended myTakes