Does anyone like skinnier girls? Please read?

I'm 5'8 and 125-30 pounds.
In middle school, I was made fun of for being a "stick" and told to go eat some more cheeseburgers.

I used to stuff myself with food in an attempt to gain weight (I had veryyy low self-esteem) until the point of eating way too much and throwing up.

No matter how hard I try, I can't have curves. I play volleyball, and go on runs every day. Plus, I eat a LOT.

I hear most men saying they like curvy women, but not many who like skinny ones.

So, I'm wondering-do guys like women who are thin/pettite?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• At least half, if not a majority of men, prefer thinner women, and you will get more desirable as you grow older and your "competition" grows heavier.

That said, there is a sizable minority who strongly desires curvier women, and obviously many of those won't find you attractive. Oh well - the reality is that NO ONE is universally attractive, and most people are only attractive to a minority of people. You'll do just fine.

5|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There's a lot of setbacks to what men find "desirable." I have 36DDs & it's hard to find dresses/shirts in my size, wearing certain shorts can be really awkward, & I feel no better a lot of the time. I look like Kate Upton body-wise, so it can hurt when people call her "fat". But look at you! You're so much healthier than so many others. You have a graceful physique. As a matter of fact, in the Middle Ages, women with smaller breasts were favored because small chest sizes were seen as pristine, or graceful. That mentality is actually coming back, which puts you in the position to shine. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • My mom is also a 36DD, and she says her back always hurts. I think Kate Upton isn't fat.. just disproportionate? I think she has a stunning face, but her stomach is a little odd.

• As is my stomach. So I feel bad when people call her fat... because it's like I'm being called fat as well.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• I guess you're the girl from the picture, and you do have curves, and also a good body, so you shouldn't be so insecure about it.
    And yes, guys like skinny girls, not all men, but many many do.

1|0
    0|0
    • I dress very conservatively (normally)
      Like baggy t-shirts and jeans.. so even if I did have any curves- no one ever sees XD

• You know what? Everyone gains weight as they get older. Once you are in your early 20's you will automatically gain 10-20 pounds, so being "too skinny" now is ok.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do. :) SO pretty. Although there's an 'unhealthy, anorexic' skinny that's unattractive. "EAT A CHEESEBURGER! OR SIX!"

0|0
    0|0
    • I can eat an entire large pizza by myself- does that count?

• Lol, sure, but you certainly are a healthy weight. :) And pretty. Many snuggles for you. :p

• 125/30 at 5'8 isn't all that skinny, just thin. I prefer a little bigger but at that height anything over about 115 is great.

0|0
    0|0
  • Give me Taylor Swift or (old enough to be my mom) Lucy Liu anytime.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm only attracted to thin/petite girls. A lot of guys do. I'm thin myself, though.

1|0
    0|0
  • There are an awful lot of men who like petite women.

0|0
    0|0
    • I wonder where they're all hiding..

• Show All
    • Thanks! I have been called ugly by a few guy friends (who apparently like making fun of me... some "friends" they are) and this makes me feel better :)

• Yeah school can be tough - Would go back for all the money in world.

• Yes I do. Very much.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love skinny girls

2|0
    0|0
  • Your body is fine. Screw the "curvy" trend

2|0
    0|0
  • *raises hand*

2|0
    0|0
  • petite/slim/ fit girls ROCK! i love them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like women with athletic bodies

0|0
    0|0
  • if your skinny its nice because your pussy looks fat and juicy, sticks out more... sexy

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but they don't like me. I'm not considered overweight but I got a small stomach and not a ton of muscle. To be honest as long as she's cute I'm not picky about size.

1|0
    0|0
  • I see sexy ladies of all shapes and sizes, it's the feminine form. Really I think we're at a peak for body image bullshit. In the 90s you wouldn't have had a problem, it was all about being thin and looking like a VS model. These days it's a hip hop culture of "thick" women. Along with debating whether or not "thigh gaps" and "hip dips" are sexy.

... It's all bullshit and people shouldn't indulge it!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I like thin and pettite :3

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• petite means short not skinny.

I got made fun of for being really skinny in middle school too, by high school a lot of the other girls were much skinnier as well and no one cared anymore..

curvaceous is having an hourglass waist, not massive breast and a big bottom. maybe you could just do some toning exercises. don't care so much what others think, people make fun because they're insecure about themselves and are deflecting that onto you.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, guys love petite girls, I myself am only 5 foot and 98lbs. You say your only in middle school, just give it time. When you get older, the boys will mature and they will show more interest in you.

0|0
    0|0
  • They do, your my height and about my size
    I'm 5'8 128 pounds. And guys seem to like me. So yes guys like skinny girls and girls of all sizes

1|0
    0|0
  • Well same boat here but at least we have nice skinny and long legs (:

1|0
    0|0
  • Is this a serious question? Like, for real? Yes, they do.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, it's serious.
      All I ever hear about is "big tits and a large ass" which I have neither of...

• I don't have either as well. I do alright.

• I'm your height, minus 10.
    And I get way more attention than when I was curvier..

0|0
    0|0
  • MANY men like thin women !

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys should like girls based on personality and if you're so concerned about weight I would keep up the exercise and lower your daily calorie intake. Also eat healthier! :)

0|0
    3|0

Recommended myTakes