Why do I feel old at the age of 22?

I've realized that at such a young age I already want to have a family. Finish up my career so I can buy my house and be more of a grown up. Don't get me wrong, I know there are still many areas were I need to mature. I'm in a constant battle of growing up and being more responsible, vs. saying "whatever! These are my 20's." When I'm in my room I want to go out and stuff, but when I'm out in a club I look around and I see what's going on and I'm just like "na I want to go home, this is not for me." Also with girls, I don't look for just a hook up. I look for wife and mother material. I just can't help it. I see guys with wedding rings and I just think to myself one day I will have mine. I don't know if it's because I was raised by both my mom and older sister but then again I don't see how that may fit this. I've read some articles of people having an old soul? I mean I do believe in spirituality but I don't really see myself having an old soul. I'm just wondering if there are other people my age or close to my age feeling the same.

34

Most Helpful Girl

• This is adorable. And there's nothing wrong with feeling this way. You're simply more of the responsible and mature type. It doesn't make you old or silly. You simply have different priorities from a lot of the people who are your age

Most Helpful Guy

• dude... better wait till you turn 25 for starting a family... generally i think that if someone decides to marry yunger than 25... marriage will fail 99% of the times!

• No no I get you. Like I said I know there are still things I need to work on myself. I'm no where near being ready to have a family or being married. I'm just saying I just keep thinking of it. Like I can't wait. While other people my age around me just want to go out get drunk and sleep with woman I just rather find the right girl and settle down. When we go out I'm the driver because I just rather not get drunk lol