Can a player fall in love?

So I know this guy who's a typical player, He's ridiculously good looking, basically could have any girl he wants. I hated him for a while because my friends were drooling over him and I thought he would hurt them. But then the douche started hitting on me. I got even more mad and ignored him. Yet he's been chasing me for three years and gets nervous around me, worries about his appearance, gets jealous of any guy I talk to and stares them down, and does anything to get my attention. What do guys think?
  • There's a possiblity..
    Vote A
  • Other (plz explain)
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
He (used to) brush up against me, now he just stands really close, has to walk by me or be in the same room i'm in, if i'm looking off into the distance he'll stand where i'm looking, if i'm talking to another guy he'll stand close to me and talk to him, when he sees me he'll fix his clothes, hair, try to talk to my friends, he asked about me, on and on... He's really determined lol

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A player can fall in love, only after she is gone. So I recommend not wasting your time with a player. And he is only doing that because you are turning him down, once he has you he will treat like every other girl he's fucked over.

4|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, a player can fall in love. If he's single for three years ("he's been chasing me for three years and gets nervous around me") then surely he loves you.

2|0
    0|0
    • I don't know if he's been single. In class he was saying he got a new girlfriend. But he said it really loud (he's popular so every body listens to him) so I don't know..

• Show All
    • You are welcome for saying me thanks :P

• wtf lol :D

• is he a douchebag player, or does he just show confidence and a clearly defined personality?

Because if he's a douchebag player it's simply not worth the risk. Sure, they may change, for a while. But old habits die hard, and they want sex more than emotional attachement (at least that's what i've heard from the ones i've talked with)

If he's just confident and has a defined personality you're good to go.

0|0
    0|0
    • He's definitely a player. Girls think he's hawt but the ones that really know him avoid him like the plague. But he shows a different side to me. I don't know if he's trying to impress me. Most of the guys know i'm picky I don't know care how good-looking or popular they are, I want them to be nice people inside.

• Show All
    • Ok. I have no problem not liking him. Thanks :))

• and judging by your age (noticed you mentioned it in a coment reply), you might want to learn this lesson right away.
      players will lie, players are EXTREMELY skilled actors, players will do anything to get in your pants. Except waiting. They have no patience.
      Time is your weapon against them. The 3 month rule exist for a reason. And know that what matter isn't how they treat you, but how they treat their surroundings. LISTEN to his friends, LISTEN to what others think of the guy!

This can save you from A LOT of pain. So remember it

• well... you're still so young so I would keep your wits about you.

1|1
    0|0
    • He's 17/18 and i'm 15. I would have thought he would have gone for a girl his age but he's really determined.

• "I will move mountains for that pussy" - professional/dedicated player

just saying.

anything is possible though d00d, go with your gut. it would be a good learning block either way if it worked out for you or if it all blew up in your face.

• Imao I think you might be right. He used to brush up against me a lot but I got pissed.

• You can hang out with him and have a chat, but that's all. You should know that this guy's ego is too tall for him.

1|0
    0|0
    • So true... didn't think of it that way. But when I bump into him. I say hi to be polite he just looks at me with a blank face. If I don’t say anything he stares and if he’s with his friends he looks right at me and makes weird noises like “mmm”.

• No. Players never fall in love, regardless of what they say. They fall in lust.

2|0
    0|0
    • If so why didn't he move on to another girl that would open her legs to him. How can u be in lust for three years?

• Maybe he hasn't moved on from the previous girl yet? I think I have a question for you. What do you think a player is? You can be in lust all your life - aside from your infant/childhood years.

• you say he is hot, though he acts like he is ugly?, why would he chase you for three years if he is hot? why he need get yr attention if hot? why jealous other guys if hot? this question stinks of bullshit

0|0
    0|0
    • Even people who hate him admit he's goodlooking. He's extremely goodlooking, almost perfect. I know I sound crazy, but it's a fact. Honestly I don't know y he wants my attention. He has plenty of it.

• Show All
    • he knows he is hot but acts like ugly? he is possibly biggest retard on earth then.

• he doesn't act like he's ugly. If I didn't know him better I would say he's extremely prideful

• everybody can fall in love... even me :-P

1|0
    0|0
  • "He's a typical player" yada yada yada, blah blah blah

Translation: he's attractive and I'm insecure, so I'm going to throw a bad label on him to make myself feel better.

0|0
    1|0
    • I'm not insecure. Just feel good enough about myself to not let myself get in a bad situation

• Anyone who is this young talking about "players" has never met one.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have met a lot of players. They're not my age , their at least 17 up to 20 years old.

• Show All
    • So i'm guessing u are the "ultimate player" then?

• No. I know of them. I know of how they work.

What Girls Said 11

• I wouldn't date a player if I were you. I dated someone who was a player. They don't really care about relationship or you they only care about themselves. All they do is play with girls hearts and make up dumb excuses. I wouldn't waste your time with them because they don't really understand the meaning or point of a relationship. And plus they flirt with a lot of girls and has a lot of girls that are friends. I know that because my ex is a player and thinks he's the you know. They care good as saying sweet words and bribing you and smothering you with sweet words but they will not show any actions whatsoever. So if you are afraid of getting hurt I would suggest that you stay away from him. If a lot of people know he's a player then don't be with him. They only care about themselves and they will not put any effort into a relationship whatsoever. But they can fall in love. But all they do is is go from one girl to the next girl. They don't understand the point of being in a relationship. They treat you as if you are the only girl in the world. And then they find some dumb excuse to break up with you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Something seems fishy kind of. As in not sure if he's only doing that because he can't stand to have any women reject him or something else. Straight up tell him that you know he's a major player and so you don't trust him at all. Then see how he reacts.

0|0
    0|0
    • He would probably say something really mean and mess up my reputation as much as he could. I know he hates the idea of a women rejecting him but what could that "something else" be?

• The something else I meant kind of as like anything. I'm not good at reading people when I can't see how they are acting in person, lol. Well normally if I can tell when a guy might be hitting on me. I will then state my intentions. Then if they keep on trying I will tell them the negative aspects of myself. I mean why only start with the positives if once they find out about the negatives they just go running? Also how much does your reputation mean to you? As in how would he ruin it?

• No. For three years, he chased you since you were 12? No it's not love at all. Move on. He is just another day passing by.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah since I was twelve. It's stupid but yeah

• Well you certainly can't fix him if that's the kind of thing you're going for

1|0
    0|0
    • I know that trying to fix him would be stupid and useless. He would fake it to get me all twisted up and giddy.

• You sound like you're analyzing his every move. I bet you really like him. Haha sounds like you're obsessed!

0|0
    0|0
    • I know it might sound like that but I’m infatuated with these three guys who like me back. “Love ‘em all” K Michelle lmao.

• Considering you poll options are there's a possibility and other, I'd say if he asked you out or asked you to some event you'd say yes hahahaha

• can a lover become a player?

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure they can get infatuated like everyone else. The difference is that players don't know how to treat the one they are in love with since they're egoistic

1|0
    0|0
  • Players can fall in love always

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know about that. Did that happen to u?

• Sorry i have a little English but I wish you the best of everything

• No he just views you as a challenge
    It's doesn't matter because he is has been having sex and dating other women in the mean time until you always give it up

1|0
    0|0
    • I know this might sound like bs, but I don’t think he’s having sex. In class he said he got a “new gf”. This girl who likes him question him more and he said he didn’t even talk to her because she was really hot. I think he’s easily intimidated and he’s not as confident as he seems.

• Show All
    • So then he does have the confidence to do it

• They have to come to him, he doesn't go to them.

• Anyone can fall in love. However, he may be interested in you because you are hard to get. He may not love you, but he may think of you as a challenge and if he concurs that challenge he can feel really good about himself. Like an ego thing I guess. Especially since you say he is hot and girls drool over him, he probably likes that you don't. Don't assume he will be different for you, but there really is only one way to find out...

1|0
    0|0
    • I was waiting for someone to say that lol. That's exactly what I thought- he just liked me because I was hard to get. That's why i don't like him lol. How would I find out?

• Show All
    • So then why do you care how he feels about you? Just let him do his thing and you do yours. He will court you, but if you don't like him then that shouldn't be a problem.

• I wanted to evaluate all the options before I start my first relationship lol. I just asked another question about one of the guys too. I have no problem moving on from him, if he lost interest in me I wouldn't mind. :)) Thanks for all the help by the way

• I believe no matter what a anyone goes through or does for a title to be set for themselves they still have feelings. The reason for their playing could be, they might not have found the actual person they are ready to settle down with so therefore they flirt and mess around with many people. Once they find someone they are actually into and see that the individual they might commit themselves to isn't like everyone else, they will drop what their doing just to commit to one person. A player has feelings, and even though it might seems as if the only thing that is on their mind is fooling around, I'm pretty sure beyond that, they will commit to one person they believe is worth it and different. For you're situation, if you continue looking at signs of how he acts towards you, there might be a possibility that he's interested, though it might be hard to pin point interest because he might be like that with every girl. But I was in a similar situation, but instead I didn't know this boy. I knew he was the popular kid, not only at school, but he is known from place to place, schools across the county. I couldn't stand him even though I didn't know him because he would be with so many girls and I felt like he would toy with their feelings. And I seen him as a top player/flirt and most people knew that, but at some point and time, I found him constantly staring at me whenever he sees me and it has been going on for 5months till now. I Observed his behavior from the first month he noticed me, till now, he changed completely.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow.. good stuff.=) How did he change?
      You're really good at this. He (used to) brush up against me, now he just stands really close, has to walk by me or be in the same room i'm in, if i'm looking off into the distance he'll stand where i'm looking, if i'm talking to another guy he'll stand close to me and talk to him, when he sees me he'll fix his clothes, hair, try to talk to my friends, he asked about me... He's really determined lol What do u think? ^^

• Show All
    • And he looks while you're laughing because he finds interest in your smile. You possibly brighten up his day with your smile.

• He might have just been looking at my dimples. I have two and a third one winks when I smile really hard. lol

Recommended myTakes