All the signs were there but I got friend zoned?

So I like this guy i work with (yeah I know, you shouldn't date coworkers) and I thought he liked me too. We literally flirt all the time, like hugging, touching, play fighting, etc. He tells me he thinks I'm beautiful and how amazing I am. We're pretty good friends. Even other coworkers think he likes me. So I finally told him how I feel and he said he has a lot going on. He didn't say he doesn't like me but I'm still confused. I know his personal life is pretty bad, he just got out of a really bad relationship maybe 4/5 months ago and he has to support his family so he's pretty stressed. He tells me how much he cares about me, that he doesn't want to lose me, when I'm upset he's the first one to ask me what's wrong and it's just like there's more between us but he's holding back. I'm not worried about it being weird at work because we are both professional but I really like him and I'm not sure what to do next.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• You must give him more time.

• I've worked with him for a year now but we didn't start getting close until 3/4 months ago. How much time should I give him?

• Don't know girl. I don't even know what problems he got in his life. Of course patience has a limit also, so once it'll get too much for you, you should talk to him straight and ask him how he sees you and if he wants anything with you.

• Well for example, none of his family works and he has to support them. Also, his ex girlfriend cheated on him, abused him, etc. I'm a little tired of waiting already but I think I can wait a few more months and if nothing changes I'll just move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• What I would do is just act the same way you's always do be flirty with each other...
    It sounds like he likes you a lot but someone else could be involved with him that u do not know about (like a jealous co worker) and since he just got out of a bad relationship it would take time to be his normal self. He probably thinks his family is the most important option at the moment.

• I feel weird if I go back to flirting with him and he knows that I like him. A part of me wants to stop being friends with him but then again I kinda want to stay friends and see if something changes because this isn't the typical "friend zone" situation.

• K then he really likes you:) and that's should work goodluck.

• Thanks!