Guys, Are men sometimes not honest about what they want in bed because they think their partner won't like it?

The mainstream idea is that men are simple and straightforward, while women play games and give hints or altogether pretend. But when it comes to. expressing what you want in bed, is it possible that men won't disclose their fantasies because they think their partner won't agree or like it? For example, my SO tells me he doesn't like lingerie, but likes cotton panties and a tank top and he says he prefers natural beauty without makeup. Someone suggested that to spice things up I should dress very slutty. Is it possible that my SO would want that but is not expressing it and asking for something totally different? Please explain how guys think in this area. Thanks
+1 y
I am actually not a big fan of cotton panties and prefer lace... And I never objected directly a more slutty style.
10