Why is my ex doing this to me?

My boyfriend of two years and I broke up almost 3 months ago over some petty stuff. (One day he ignored me and I didn't try to talk to him or see what was wrong and later that day he asked if we're done or not because he really didn't care anymore and we broke up and I apologized and tried to fix things but he didn't want to because he thought we weren't working out anymore and he brought up about us arguing or whenever I got attitudes with him and he didn't like that) so ever since then he's been acting like he doesn't care anymore and to this day we haven't talked in person since the day before we broke up. Over a week ago he dm me on instagram telling me he still feels something for me and on occasions still misses me. On mother's day he dm me again, twice. First time telling me to tell my mom happy mothers day and a few hours later he basically was wanting clarity on us breaking up, he told me he doesn't see how the break up was my fault and he told me that if he was just a better boyfriend then we'd still be together and I don't know I got a little upset and asked him why does he still even care and he admitted that he still does care and he misses me and that we'd probably still be together if he made me happier and if he was better and he's been getting drunk to forget or numb the pain and that turning into depression and he just can't get any of this out of his mind. He also said "man I don't think I could handle seeing you with..." And I asked him with what? But he didn't want to tell me. The first time he dm me he told me "my friends say I'm heartless because I don't want you back" oh and also he thought I was talking to another guy already so he's like "I know you're talking to someone else but I need to tell you something (then later) if you're talking to someone else already just tell me and I'll leave you alone if you want"
I gave myself a time, if he doesn't come back to me I'm moving on and talking to another guy (gave myself 4 months , until June 20)
+1 y
I can honestly say I'm losing feeling for him but not quite over him yet. I'm trying and he's not a bad guy. I found out that he was just really upset that day and didn't want to be bothered and that's why he ignored me. Our relationship wasn't bad, it was a very good, happy, loving relationship. We didn't have sex so that wasn't a problem. He was okay with waiting (we both were virgins and not ready)
+1 y
DO NOT TELL ME TO MOVE ON!
Why is my ex doing this to me?
0
2