GUYS, have you ever ACTUALLY been accused of sexual assault or harassment when you did not intend to harass or assault someone?

Sara413
With my recent Take about respecting space and not groping, touching or kissing random strangers, there was some misunderstanding among mostly males here regarding what I meant, and it seems that many guys on this site are convinced that they're always just one wrong word away from being accused of assault or harassment, just for simple misunderstandings.

Now, I personally think it's a great lot of hyperbole. I don't think it's that hard to navigate interactions without "accidentally" harassing or assaulting someone, or making them feel harassed or assaulted. I don't think it's that complicated figuring out how to flirt with someone and, eventually, try to kiss them, without making them feel violated. But a lot of the guys here seem to be under the impression that you "can't even talk to a woman these days" without "being called a creepy pervert or a rapist". So many guys commented on that Take about how it's not OK for women to make a big deal out of unwanted touching, groping or kissing because it's hard for men to know what is OK and what isn't, or when it's OK to touch and woman and when it's not.

So, I'm curious and I really hope that I get HONEST answers here. Have you ever actually been accused - and I mean either served with or threatened with charges - of sexual harrassment or sexual assault, when you honest-to-goodness didn't mean any offense and truly thought that what you were doing was OK?

If you answer yes, please describe the incident in the comments.

What I'm not looking for here is incidents where your advances were rejected or a woman merely called you a creeper or something because she wasn't interested.
12
1