Guys, Did I make a mistake?

There is a guy that has shown interest in me at work. Long story short I texted him first and asked who was at work and he just said "me" and my best friend and I went to get some pens and pencils that's the story anyway, but is anted her to see him so I went to work on a day off just to see him. My mom said that it makes me look too available and easy and she suggested that I do a "60 day no contact" rule, where I don't contact him for 60 days.
I was doing good and it would've been a week of no contact but I got something from my favorite college and I had to show all my friends on Snapchat, at first I though it would be okay because I was sharing with everyone not just him, but then I realized that on snaopchat you choose who you want to see the picture, so he knows I thought about him since I sent the picture to him and my other friends. Basically what I want to know is did my Snapchat picture break the rules. I wasn't sentimental the picture basically said "hey check this out". So did I make a mistake if so how can I keep him interested without seeming too available and easy.

Guys, Did I make a mistake?
1