What do I do about this guy?

There is this guy I really like, and while I don't think he likes me back, I can't tell how he feels about me. I'm a junior in high school and he's a senior, and we've been good friends since I was a freshman. We got closer this past summer and I realized I had feelings for him. Around the middle of September, I had a little too much to drink and snapchatted him telling him I wanted to hook up - as in make out - with him. He replied saying he wanted to as well. He asked me to hang out over the next couple days, but I was busy and eventually he stopped asking. A couple weeks later, I realized it was obvious he did not want to hook up anymore and I found out it was because he was getting with another girl. Anyways, this guy and I completely stopped communicating and I missed him like crazy. I even unsuccessfully drunk snapchatted him a few times. I don't get a chance to talk to him in school. I learned recently that him and the girl were over. He has been snapchatting me a good amount recently, and I've been sending him snapchats as well, but he never carries out a conversation. I asked him to hang out once, and he said yes but ended up cancelling because of schoolwork. He made no attempt to reschedule and said that he won't be able to hang out any other days because of soccer. Snapchat is our only means of communication and I'm too scared to ask him to text. He replies to my snapchats about half the time, but is always the first to not reply. His score is low, so I know he does not snapchat a lot, but I feel like if he wanted to talk, he would certainly respond. I want to know what to do with him to make him like me, or at least for us to be friends again. I feel like I have hit a wall. Should I just give up?
What do I do about this guy?
Add Opinion