I told him I like him and now he is not telling me what he thinks?

I got up all my courage and texted my friend to tell him I like him as more than a friend. I basically said I like him and I haven't told him because I was pretty sure of what he was going to say. I was so sure he was just going to say, "That is nice of you but sorry, I don't like you like that" and I was expecting that without a doubt. However, instead, he texted me asking me how I could know what he is going to say before he says it. Then he said he had to go and I have not heard from him in a few days. What the hell happened? I just want an answer as to whether he likes me or not. Why is he either not rejecting me quickly or dragging whatever this is out forever? I know I can't text him because the ball is in his court now, but I am frustrated!
+1 y
I don't know he either does not like me like that but doesn't know how to reject me (it is SO easy), he does like me and doesn't know what to say, he knows either way but is being an ass hole, or he has no idea.
2
1