How do I show a 40 year old man Im interested? Classily?

Or recipricate his interest it?

He is very old fashioned and reserved, and I'm not really... but he seems interested. I've been told by women in my family in there late 30s and 40s that things were different and women came came off as fast if women acted a certain ways or disrespectful

So, because we have a professional relationship and him being reserved or political I feel like I can't be blunt, he doesn't like that or feels uncomfortable, but I was wondering how can I return his interest in me? Or show that Im interested and move forward. He already knows I like him but likely would not act on it and he would get in trouble as a superior if he initiated (Im like a student early 20s) so I would have to be the bolder one somehow.

Also he's not married or with children (I asked lol)

His job is not in jeperoardy as long as we keep it outside of work so I'm trying to show signs or innitiate more

Thank you :)
2
1