Does it mean anything if a guy sits near you in class frequently when there are plenty of open seats?

In the beginning of the semester, this guy would sit in the row in front of me and I would catch him staring at me in his laptop (when the screen was black). I'm not exactly positive it was at me, but the majority of my class is guys and he would look away when I looked at him because I felt someone staring.

For the past few weeks, he has been sitting in the seat next to me unless someone is already there. The only interaction we've had is him smiling at me after lab one day and me smiling back, but that was like a month ago and he doesn't sit near me in lab. I'm really attracted to him and don't think I can initiate a conversation since I'm very shy and stumble over my words when I overthink things. We only have one more class this semester though and I can't tell if he's interested or this is all just coincidence.
3
0