Was he trying to show me and the world that he doesn't care?

This guy who I thought liked me somewhat wished me on my birthday. I took a while to reply, (it wasn’t anything too great just a simple birthday wish).

But the reason it was significant is because I was a mega-beeyotch to him the last time I saw him.

Within a few days he changed his profile picture to him and a girl I can’t stand. And I think he knows this.

Moreover, he also knows I am the hot-tempered, possessive type, AND in fact the first few times I’ve met him and not been responsive to him, he’s gotten closer to the girl.

Now I don’t think he doesn’t like her at all and is just using her. I think he does like her, to an extent, but moreso for popularity purposes.

But it does hurt me that he tries to essentially replace me with her. I mean if you like someone then there are no comparisons…. right?

also he seems really passive-aggressive. Like we were having a conversation where I think he thought I assume him to be dumb, (I don’t) and he just stopped replying. BUT he kept checking the messages which annoyed me furthermore.
1
0