Was he trying to show me and the world that he doesn't care?

This guy who I thought liked me somewhat wished me on my birthday. I took a while to reply, (it wasn’t anything too great just a simple birthday wish).

But the reason it was significant is because I was a mega-beeyotch to him the last time I saw him.

Within a few days he changed his profile picture to him and a girl I can’t stand. And I think he knows this.

Moreover, he also knows I am the hot-tempered, possessive type, AND in fact the first few times I’ve met him and not been responsive to him, he’s gotten closer to the girl.

Now I don’t think he doesn’t like her at all and is just using her. I think he does like her, to an extent, but moreso for popularity purposes.

But it does hurt me that he tries to essentially replace me with her. I mean if you like someone then there are no comparisons…. right?

also he seems really passive-aggressive. Like we were having a conversation where I think he thought I assume him to be dumb, (I don’t) and he just stopped replying. BUT he kept checking the messages which annoyed me furthermore.
Was he trying to show me and the world that he doesn't care?
Add Opinion