Guys, if a guy is shy and he denies that he likes you when you ask does it mean he likes you?

So this guy I've been talking to since the middle of August has been flirting staring leans close and talks to me a lot but I'm sure I'm the only girl he talks to on a daily basis because he doesn't really talk in all of his other classes or to any other girls and I told him near the beginning of November that I liked him and he had the biggest smile on his face and didn't say anything about it but we were still talking like nothing happened even after that but we got into deeper stuff like family and the future and then I asked him recently if he liked me back over text and first he was like oh my and then I said wait is that a yes or no and he said nah not like that but we come to school the next day and we're talking like nothing happened and we had to take a test and we sit at the same table in class But we don't sit next to each other and on that day he decides to sit next to me because he does good on tests in that spot and we used a scan tron test and we had to use the blue side and I said my favorite color is blue and he said it was his too but last time I checked he said blue wasn't his favorite color and he was staring at me from afar in lunch and he'd still keep eye contact with me and I'd look away in embarrassment and a lot of the same stuff happens to us all the time and it's so weird and more stuff happened like Friday I wore a plaid shirt and he noticed me and this guy kinda had the same shirt on and he said oh you guys have the same shirt and he said I have a shirt like that if I wore that today wouldn't that have been something and I said yeah and then he said did I get the shirt because of him and I was like what no and he was like when did I get the shirt and asking a lot of questions so I'm not sure on what this means
1