As a girl, I wonder why guys call girls ugly even though she isn't ugly in the slightest.. Read my story?

So last week my hubby was on Skype talking to his fraternal twin and I kept
being included in the conversation and topics. Just talking about random stuff and I kept listening into their convo. But , every time they Skype each other he always says im ugly... And he smiles when he says it. Jokingly. He doesn't laugh hysterically or anything he says it in a playful manner which I find kind of odd considering the fact that me and him have had our ups and downs. He even said me and Andrea have a love and hate relationship. Mainly hate. To which I responded
i hate you too. And he laughed at that.. I've always felt like him and my hubby compete in everything. But
thats not the point. I don't want to off as I'm conceited or anything but I wouldn't class myself as ugly just average attractive I would say. He just has this thing where he always says im
ugly playfully and by the way he has really bad taste in girls... Severely. so I don't get why he says this to me.

so.. What could this mean lol
2
2