Should I text him again after he didn't respond my texts? how to reconnect with a guy?

I want to reconnect with this guy. He is not my ex but we met a year ago and we sporadically talk. But I remember first times we talk we get on well. Thing is, we have never met in person (only through skype). Recently I got a text from him, I was really surprised because I thought he had already deleted my number, cuz we hadn't talked in months and last time we talked he took wrongly a question I did to him and was about why was he still talking to me if we haven`t met in person. Anyway, so I got a text from him lately and we chat a little. Then other day I started again the convo but then another day I tried to reinitiate conversation and it died faster.
1
1