Would it sounds wired to him if I just text him ' I dreamt you last night' out of no where?

Last summer I (Asian, late teen) went to a language school in England and met a Colombian guy who is a few years older than me, as our age were the closest in class, we became quite a close friends , even sometimes he creep me out because of him being so handy (normal in his culture) but he soon understand and stop it. We quite enjoy each other but just friends in class, not enough to hang out. He normally hardly reply text. It's been 7 months since I left there and I just want to keep in touch and I dreamt him last night about the time in that language school, if I just text him' hi! Long time no see, I dreamt you last night, how are you?' Would it be wired? Guys, if you got this kind of text, would you feel awkward? How should I do it? Plus, I want to learn to speak Spainish so I guess it'd be good to get a friend to teach. * I meant nothing about romantic things, really just friends.*
0
1