Why does my childhood friend keeps coming back like that?

I kinda grew up with this guy, our parents are family friends+own a holyday house together. Either way during our teenage years we used to tease the shit out of each other, people would even get annoyed by us, but it was just a game, we were super tender and romantic with one another in private. We were never oficially a couple, 'cause we never sincronized. Whenever I wanted a relationship he didn't or was inlove with someone else or the other way around. This was between my age of 13 and 16. Then he got back together with one of his exes and they're now a couple for like 5 or 6 years. I'm 21 right now (hope I'm not too old to write here). Either way we stayed in touch over th years, and unortunately ( I regret it now) kissed on a couple of occassions altough he was already involded with this girl. I guess it still counts like cheating but maybe not as serious as having sex. Oh yeah important mention, during our teenage years we would always kiss a lot but we never ever had sex. The question: he keeps coming back like dunno every six months, sometimes every month for a period of three, just like irregularly. Why is he doing that? Comin' back in like texting me, checking if we are during holydays in the same town, we live in different coutries as I left my home for international uni studies, but I would always spent my entire vacation back there as I miss it like crazy. It's weird 'cause I believe if we were both asked we would both say overall our relationship is more like sister and brother somehow, on the other hand what would annoy me was that he was always super phisical although without the sex part. Every time he wanted to talk to me I felt it was because he actually wanted to kiss me or to touch me sometime I even feel like he's kind of frustrated I never allowed him to have sex with me. One particular time he actually said something like he only allows himself to cheat on his girlfriend with me, which my bff does not believe it's true What do you think? Guys especially
+1 y
Update: the kissin' while he's got a girlfriend thing happened only two times, and then I've literaly avoid the kinda situations that would lead there without avoiding him. Also I was in a relationship when I was 17 with a 28 year old vet and I am single ever since. He knows that. And I also know that he might be frustrted that h elost his virginity to his girlfriend and she was like the only one he had sex with ever since. She was not a virgin to him though.
+1 y
questions: Why is he coming back to me like that? Do you guys think he's cheating on his girlfriend with more than me? Do you think he's only coming back to me 'cause he wants to shagg me? Cause that's obiviously not working out... Last time we talked a couple of weeks ago he told me...:"I really miss teasing you... if you know what I mean :>"
1