Was my dad right or wrong by cutting my brother hair?

So my dad has his own cutting machine and since my brother was 5 he been giving him haircuts , as my brother grew older and turn 11 he started to realize he wanted other hairstyle and not the same old one that my dad does. My dad told him when he turn 11 that it was going to be the last time he was going to cut his hair
My parents are divorce and my mom said that when ever he wants to get a haircut to tell her so he did and next week he was suppose to go with mom to cut his hair, But today my dad told my brother he was going to cut his hair and my brother told me he didn't want to and he started crying , my dad keep telling him come on I'm going to cut it , and my brother told him " but why did you tell me last time was the last time you were going to cut it " my dad said idc I'm cut it .
He kept being stubborn and I even had to get in between and tell my dad why he said that and that he need to respect if my mom and bro already planned a day , he said idc and ended up cutting my brother hair.
7
3