Guys, if you wanted to get back with your ex girlfriend what would you do?

My ex has been treating me differently lately. Instead of ignoring me, he opened the door for me, said hi to me, walked next to me when I was by myself, keeps looking at me at parties. These are all little things, but they are things he only did when we were together.

The relationship was good, the breakup was messy; we were together for 6 months and its been 3 months since the breakup. He seems angry with me and pushes me away/ ignores me so my response has been to ignor him. Lately he's been doing the above mentioned things. He's a really socially awkward guy and seems hesitant around me. I'm confused and I do miss him, except I don't want to misinterpret his actions and put my heart on the line by trying to flirt with him/win him over.

So, guys, what do you get out of this situation? And, if you DID want your ex back but wasn't sure if she would be receptive, how would you go about winning her back? Is he warming up to me or just trying to make things normal again?
1