Why does he do this?

So there's this guy and he's one of my close friends, but he keeps sending mixed signals. In our friendship we are very sexual with Evan other. it's always joke to us though we never mean anything. I use to like him and he found out but didn't feel the same and o was okay wth that so we went on with life. recently he started taking to me a lot and now we text all day long but before he use to never reply to one message. He hates FaceTime but yet we face timed for 5 hours. The other day he asked me what my favorite flowers were he is so confusing. as jokes we have each other nicknames and mine is princess, but he calls me that all the time even more such as babe, or something. we went to a party two nights ago and he was kinda distant. So I though I would step it up and flirt with him this time which I did. We always flirt though nothing new. But it seems that when ever we get on subject about me or something he always dodges the questions. I'm just really confused because I don't want to get into my head he likes me, when really he doesn't and ruin everything. it's all so confusing because he doesn't like dating because he says it puts a block between people and can mess up everything. When he described what he looks for in a girl it almost felt like he was describing me. this is all so confusing any ideas what this means?
Why does he do this?
Add Opinion