Has anyone dated somone before who either sucks at communicating or just doesn't like to?

with how he responds it seems like he is disinterested. but he is the one who likes me and asked me out... the 네 responses just mean 'yeah' even though i had asked kinda conversaiony questions. but he just responds with yes. and a FORMAL yes at that. i makes me feel weird that he talks up to me. where i speak so imformally to him. i only put 요 on the end of one sentince. and thats where i was 'respectfully' accepting him asking me out. even though he already asked me in person he was just asking again because he was away with his family for a one month vacation. so i said yeah when you come back we can go out. during the one month he was gone he only messaged me once. and it was to ask me to help with his little brothers English homework and to clarify we are still on for a date. i tried to talk more with him but he was being short with me. so i just ended the convo.

he had told me earlier he was coming back on the 18th. so i sent him a message on the evening of the 18th 'have you come back yet?'
he responds 'yeah'
i said 'thats good'

and thats it... i dont know how to work with this... im used to people always saying more than just 'yeah'.
has anyone dated somone before who either sucks at communicating or just doesn't like to?

it makes me feel like he doesn't like me. but i know that he does. we flirted a lot and weve gone on group dates/ hangouts a few times. and he asked me out to dinner just the two of us when he came back from vacation...

how do i deal with people who suck at communicating?
1
1