Is this a friend zone?

So the guy who I've been texting with since like a month, he has told me he likes me and we've kissed and made out and he's been really nice to me. He has never asked me out on a date however, but he's always said to me im up for anything with you. So we have hung out after school ( in school ) and talked and after the last exam this was on Tuesday this week he said come over with my friend and will chill and drink and you can invite your friends too. we kissed and made out but then he stopped like always and said we should take it slow. also about sex he said he wanted it to be special cause i wouldn't remember anything ( because i was too drunk that night). Then i asked cause it had seemed as if we were dating ( i asked cause i was fed up with not knowing and confused ) so i said " we are dating right or no cause otherwise i shoudlnt kiss you, he said " we are not dating yet, you'll know when we are, there will be no daubt in your mind if we are when it happens " what does this mean? a friendzone cause i feel so down by that :/
Is this a friend zone?
Add Opinion