He said I'm not MODEL pretty? I'm not sure how to take this?

Let me give some backstory here. I was talking with my best friend about a bunch of stuff, I was telling him how this guy had told me he could see me playing a certain superhero and that I have that 'amazonian beauty' and blah blah and we joked about it. My friend replied with yeah I could see that blah blah blah and then proceeds to say your perfect for it because your pretty but not like model pretty... um... wtf? When he said this it looked like he realized how bad it sounded and replied with, 'well not like that' and said a bunch of other stuff that I completely zoned out. All I remember saying is, well, Wonder Woman is beautiful, and he goes no yeah she is and your beautiful too. I was quite hurt by this because he is my best friend and I'm not even sure what he meant by that, but man it stung so bad. He could tell I was bothered after that conversation because I got pretty quite after that. He tried to tell me I was beautiful one more time but it just seems like an attempt to cover it up. I don't know. I'm just hurt by that comment. Am I overthinking it or is something like that quite insulting? Should I tell him it bothered me? I'm not sure how to feel about it.
10
12