He said I was worth the distraction, does he like me or what?

So I've been talking to this guy who is my friend but I think this may be turning into something else. He acts different when we are around others. However alone he's quite sexual or he just says things like you are so smart or mature. He will pick on me or make fun of me but never truly out right says anything. So a little bit of background there. One day I was hanging out with him and he was working and he said "You are distracting me from my work but its worth it." he said it kinda quietly. Does this indicate he actually likes me. I just got out of a complicated relationship so im a little upside down about everything. I dont want to make the wrong moves in fear of getting hurt like that again. He's older than me but still acts around my age. He's informed me of his past, just as I have informed him of mine. The main thing is after he says certain things he will laugh and then he will say. "Im just treating you as I would treat any other friend." however im pretty sure thats not accurate. So from this brief excerpt would he be into me for me and not just for my body? Would that statement about me being a distraction good? or was it just something nice to say to get into my pants. I was in a really complicated relationship full of nice phrases that just turned into bad situations.
1
1