Why did he suddenly pull away? Will he message me?

Everything was going so great, We had three casual dates, got to know eachother and had fun. He initated getting my number, going for coffee, then messaging me then asking me to go out with him one night. We talked about family, goals and future plans. He was the one who initated kissing me a lot. when we were out infornt of all of his friends he would kiss me and not leave my side. When he got drunk he said he liked me and that I was interesting. He would message me right after I left. The last night we went out he stayed over until 1pm last time and then asked me to do something with him later that day. But when we met up that night, fir dinner with his Roomate and roommates friend, things seemed off. He was standoffish and different.. How did things change in a matter of hours? Later in the night he said he was trying not to kiss me, no idea what that meant. A few days later I got my earrings from him, he offered to drop them off. I went on vacation for two weeks and just got back (he knew I was going on vacation) but haven't heard from him since... I know it's just casual, and I want to keep just getting to know him and having, just confused why he all of a sudden pulled away
Why did he suddenly pull away? Will he message me?
Add Opinion