Guys, do you ever stop talking to a girl as a test to see if she's still interested?

So I've been talking to this guy for a little over a month now. I've known him since elementary school, but we were never really anything and he recently messaged me asking if I'd want to meet up with him. We graduated high school last year and go to different colleges. So when we first started talking, we texted all day every day. I realize that this is too much, but it was just until we hung out the first time. Now we've hung out about 4 times and everything was perfect each time. He has called me his, told me that he plans on being with me for a long time, introduced me to all of his friends and some family, I thought it was going great.. But I hung out with him a week ago, and I still have yet to talk to him since then. He disappeared. So at first I was kind of mad, but now looking back on old messages, I realize that he was the one that almost always initiated contact when it came to texting. Due to work and school, we can only hang out on weekends, but this weekend is close now, and I haven't talked to him since last weekend. Is this my fault? Should I text him now, or is him not texting me all week a sign that he is no longer interested?
3
1