She lost feelings for me and doesn't know how... How can I get her back?

zohmaigod
OK to make an extremely long story short...I've known this girl casually for about 3 years. We would always talk in our math classes that we have w/each other 3 years in a row. She had one boyfriend for 2.5 years,left him,and had another for 4 months but he cheated on her so she left him. Then she started really talking to me again. I had always liked this girl but never thought she would ever like me back. Well we were "together" for about 3 months and those were the best months of my life. We were crazy about each other. Never out of touch.

Things started getting a little weird. She didn't say she missed me as often as before and she wasn't as reluctant to hang out anymore. One weekend when we planned to hang out she texted me "I'm sorry but I really haven't been feeling it lately". I was devastated. I pleaded and begged and did everything I shouldn't have because it just made me look pathetic and I look back at those texts and I just feel embarrassed.. She honestly doesn't know how she lost her feelings but I told her I had an idea. We went too fast. I was too available/clingy and gave her too much of me at once. I realize this now. Its been a month since she said she needed time/space to think and I have no clue where we stand and I've been depressed all month. I lost 10 pounds from lack of appetite and I just can't get her off of my mind. She's perfect in my eyes and I don't want anyone else. We kept in touch for a little bit and I talk to her for a few minutes when I see her at school every day but that's it. She hasn't texted me in 3 days and I don't wanna text her because I don't wanna seem desperate/clingy again.

This is so confusing. She said a couple months ago that she always had a crush on me. SHE came to ME and then she just lost interest. I need some closure and I need to know if there is a chance of us giving it another shot. I told her I can't force her feelings back, but when I asked her "do you even like me anymore?" she said "yes". We haven't hung out for a month and I was thinking since prom is this weekend and neither of us are going I would ask her out to lunch or a movie or something.

When she isn't texting me I can't help but think she's texting other guys. She naturally has a flirty personality. I'm constantly checking my phone and Facebook to see if she messages me, but it never comes. I REALLY want her back. She is the world to me and it hurts that she used to say the same about me, but all of a sudden doesn't feel that way anymore. What should I do? I really don't think there is anyone better out there. I never told her this, but I love her...
1
1