Why send this image to a girl and then say it meant nothing?

He basically leads Me On and off... Leads Me On by saying that he wants me and that I'm hot but at the same time not because I'm Young (me 18 him 29 I know.. I beat myself up because I hate the age gap) and he said that he had 3 previous relationships with 18 and 19 yr olds ( largest age gap was 9 yrs) and he said because of luck of maturity they didn't work and he said he wants me when I'm older with some experience. I always had a strange feeling about him because he seems very immature for his age and I didn't take him seriously but he kept on leading me on until finally he sent me this pic (i tagged my friend in the comments of this pic) and when I asked him if he wanted to tell me something he said 'I saw it in yours and I sent it, nothing particular' (Yours probably meaning that he saw that I tagged my friend) and I said 'mine?' and he said 'look i saw it in the news feed and that's it, there wasn't a message behind it though' and I said 'because you didn't answer me last time that's why and I thought that maybe I said something' (he left it seen).

Tbh he makes me feel very confused and I feel Hurt because by time I started feeling something and each time he makes a step forward I push back and same vice versa... So now i am going to stop responding to his messages because I can't understand what he is doing. I really wish he texts so that I leave it seen because he seems to avoid the subject he is so confusing and even my parents can't understand him. He is definitely attracted to me no doubt but... He is just confusing, saying he wants me but doesn't... It's tiring.

So... Why do that to a girl? :(
+1 y
he answered today saying " no no :) " (meaning no I didn't do anything wrong,) I still haven't opened the message and don't intend to reply or anything...
3
3