Why did my ex unblock me?

My ex and I dated for a little over a year and were long distance for the last 6 months of our relationship. He got into a new relationship less than 2 weeks after we broke up and lied to me about having a new girlfriend for a month while still continuing to talk to me. We haven't spoken in almost 5 months and when it finally ended (very badly I might add) he blocked me on everything (Facebook, Instagram, phone, etc.). He follows all my friends from school (even those he's never met) on Instagram and he recently unblocked me. None of my friends have posted a pic with me in over a week so he had to be thinking about me in order for him to even think about unblocking me. His account is private and mine is not so he can see whatever I post. I am still blocked on everything else except for Instagram though. He also recently got a Twitter and knows I have one (I've had one since before we started dating) and I use it quite often and he didn't block me on that either. Is he doing it just to keep tabs on me or what? Please no comments saying just move on or who cares. I know it shouldn't matter but I'm just curious as to why he would unblock me randomly.
Why did my ex unblock me?
Add Opinion