My boyfriend makes me feel bad about the way I dress and I don't know what to do!!! What should I do? What should I tell him?

I've have been dating my boyfriend for a little over a year and we both have our flaws. Now when he first met me, I dressed in sweats all of the time and I'm still shy When we started dating I started to wear things that weren't necessarily inappropriate but eye catching. He would always tell me he didn't like me wearing those certain things but they're honestly not bad. So throughout the year I would hesitate wearing certain things that I wanted to wear because of him. But here and there I would wear things that I wanted to wear. He has told me he's insecure and I completely understand that. We broke up for a little while and I started wearing things that I wanted to. (Not to get back at him or anything) He told me that my pictures that I posted looked like something a whore would wear and I probably did stuff with another guy. I honestly never liked any other guy or did anything with any other guy because I still liked him and he hasn't done anything with anyone either. I felt like complete shit because he said it hurt him because he's insecure and he doesn't want guys looking at me. I even took down a picture that I posted so I could make him feel better because I love him. I told him the whole point of Instagram is to post things and he told me that means I'm posting for comments but I don't care for thos I told him that I started dressing nicer because I wanted to look pretty for him but after I said it I completely regretted it because I know that's not that the reason but I haven't told him that. I dress the way I want to look nice for MYSELF and because I like the clothes. I don't dress for ANYONE but he still continues to tell me I dress like that for attention and for other people and he tries to make it all technical. I don't know what to say to him because I'm going to continue to dress the way I want because it makes me feel more confident in MYSELF not for ANYONE. I love him but I'm afraid he's going to switch it around on me again and end up leaving.
4
3