Had a fight with my guy friend. what should I do now?

me and this guy are really close friends. He has this tendency to playfully call me ugly, hideous, hairy ( i am a girl ) and similar things. He means them as a joke probably but it actually hurts me when he says all this. this has happened quite a few times now.

So last night again he called me hideous and i flipped out and got into an argument with him and asked him to stop saying such things. He said he won't change himself for something so small and that nobody is forcing me to talk to him and if i think his words are negative, i am free to stop talking to him.

after a while we reached a conclusion where he said he'll stop saying them and i said i'll stop doing things that annoy him.
Then he asked me to stop flipping about small things and i said that whenever i'll have a problem, of course i'll say it. He said it won't work like that but i said it should.
Then he stopped replying :/

initially, he did try to console me but i flipped out and by the time i cooled down, he was angry/upset.

what should i do, guys, wait for him only to reply or should i text him instead?
it has been around 12 hours since then.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• just text him normally I guess, or if u feel bad about the argument tell him you were just having a bad day yesterday,

Most Helpful Girl

• tell him I am sorry of things ended, but you might meen some of the jokes as jokes. but they hurt me emotional, and do you really wanna continue this relationship saying these things, now knowing i get hurt by it, is the joke that funny for you.

he should get it eventually

What Guys Said 4

• it depends on how much you need him...

if you like him you should talk...

if you think he is not a big deal for you.. you can wait.. if he texted you get him back... or else you will lose him simple!

good luck

• He seems like he doesn't mean it. But if he respects you as a friend and a person then he will need to respect your wishes as well.

• He probably likes you, and he's saying it most-likely because you're gorgeous.

• I wish he did! But he himself told me he isn't attracted to me for now.
      after we drunk kissed each other.

• Because he's an idiot lol

• haha :P

• you should move on and find yourself a new guy friend you want to Skype I'm a nice guy

What Girls Said 2

• Why would you call anyone hideous jokingly? I don't find that funny? There's some truth behind each joke. He needs to respect your wishes and stop being insensitive. If you know he doesn't mean anything by saying those things but it bothers you and hurts your feelings he should take that into consideration and stop completely. He sounds like an idiot, he suggested to stop talking to him? What kind of friend is this? Does he even care about your so called friendship?

• Thats so accurate. I have thought more than just a few times to leave him but he also takes care of me. Drives me home when i dont have my car and feeds me, makes me laugh :/
      He unintentionally makes me feel like crap. so i just keep having second thoughts about what to do
      also i think i am in the friendzone whereas i kinda like him

• Just tell him you like him and takt what he says to heart

• actually there was this one instance where we were drunk and kissed. afterwards he asked me if i was expecting anything from him after what happened
      i said i wasn't. he said good, and that he wasn't attracted to me for now :/

• I don't know. Maybe you should leave him alone for a while until he wants to message you first