What did he mean by this text?

So I've been talking to this guy on Bumble and we are planning on meeting this weekend. We seem to have great chemistry. Our conversation was very jokey and kind of flirty, but I don't know what to think about his last response. I feel like he wants to sleep with me or is trying to suggest it. What do you think?What did he mean by this text??

I should probably mention that he is a standup comedian and likes to joke.

Most Helpful Guy

• of course he wants to sleep with you. there is a difference between generally wanting to sleep with you and expecting to sleep with you when you meet though.

• Yeah, I'll definitely be aware of that when I meet him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it was a joke (although I'm sure he would gladly sleep with you!) I imagine it's one of those that gets a little lost in translation through text.

• Yeah, I'm just going to play it by ear. It's different talking to a person via text vs in person, so I will just have to see.

• Exactly! Texting can be great but easy to misinterpret

• Thanks for the MHO :)

What Guys Said 10

• Stay clear. I like to joke and flirt like the best of them. But this is a first meeting not good

• have you ever met this guy befor? If not. unless youve been talking with him for a couple months. stat away from his bedroom. lol. well unless you want to. he seems like a typical comedian

• lol, no we haven't met yet. We are meeting for the first time at a bar, not his place.

• oh. oh. oh. sure. alchole and a comedian. just what he need. liquid fuel for the follies. Lol. good luck. hopefully eberything goes well. have a great time.

• If you're dating I don't think it's very strange of him to want to have sex with you i feel like the opposite would be less common and you said your conversation is jokey and flirty both of which I think his message was

• its kinda obvious he wants just sex

• He just wants to sleep with you

• It was a sex joke, but a joke.

• no unless you want it to happen

• He wants the F U C C

• Are you older than him? and what phone do you use? My bumble messages looked different on my phone lol

• No, we are the same age. We have each others numbers and are texting off of the app.

• He's just kidding. I'm pretty sure people in a relationship are usually willing to sleep together, but I don't think he was being serious about it.

What Girls Said 15

• He wants to sleep with you, I think that's pretty normal. Every guy who is attracted to a girl desires her. However that does not mean that he loves you. I should be careful, and refuse intercourse at the first dates. He might be just wanting you for your body. So you gotta teach that boi that you're more than that and make him love you.

• He's just kidding, but the fact that he's willing to make himself look like a disrespectful ass before you even meet him makes me wonder what awaits you face to face... I'd be careful.

• Yeah, I'm definitely going to be cautious.

• He's hinting he at you guys having sex but trying to play it off as a joke. I did to see what your reaction would be, it's not a joke it's what he wants plus he said he's open to suggestions meaning he would be okay with it if you were okay with it too. Plus he doesn't say jk or joking.

• Just because he's a comedian, doesn't mean he's not a prev. I suggest keeping your distance.

• That's gross, if you want a one night stand go for it. No gentleman would say that. He's looking for sex

• He wants sex.

• He wants sex

• He's ambivalent. As if you're not ready for sex then he ha can say something about pool. So if you two don't have sex then he won't feel bad.

So, are you ready for sex? Ask him what is his favorite position. No matter his response just say that you're glad that it's not behind the 8 ball. But if you're not ready then dont lead him on...

• It definitely seemed like a deflection.

• It's a joke

• How old is he?

• I think it was just a joke

• To me it seems to be just a joke.

• what do you think? It's obvious he was wanting a booty call and when u didn't immediately respond he acted like he was joking

• I'd say that it was more jokey rather than serious and obviously flirty but I'd have said that it's more of something that he's leaving as a possible option to have sex rather than to just do it.
    It seems more like he'd be up for it if the possibility arose but if not then he'd also be fine.
    Then again I have no experience with these kinds of things so I don't know I could just be optimistic.

• Red flag!