Is this harassment?

The 2-family duplex my dad has rented for 6 years got bought recently, but the lease does not end until September first. He has been looking at many apartments but we have not yet made a decision. The guy who now owns the house, Craig, has been calling my dad very often, sometimes 2 ties a day. Last night he came over and pretty much degraded my dad and rushed him (if you don't find an apartment by that date, do you have any family to go to? Etc) then playing it off to make it seem like it is in my dad's best interests. It feels almost degrading to my dad, despite my dad being older and more knowledgeable. What dum-dum would even buy this dump for half a million? It's in really bad shape!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't sound like harassment but the guy does sound like a douche. If he keeps up his behavior start jotting down when he's being an ass and keep track for sure if you guys will be needing it later on for proof

What Guys Said 17

• Yeah it seems like harassment.. I mean he's the landlord.. I don't know if they are suppose to be that unless they gave a 30 day notice, and it's on the day off they final day.. Unless that's not law where you live..

• Yeah he's an ass hat. Impatient asshole really. It is harassment.

• yeah it is

• Yes. Sounds like harassment to me

• Probably not considered illegal, unless he's entering the home that you own, but he's still an asshole

• Legally it is not harassment but morally it is.

• it is harassment and also very illegal.

• yep it is

• Yes that sounds like a form of harassment

• Yes it is

• Yes.

• yes it is

• yeah it is harassment

• sounds like it

• No..

• Yes it is
    You should contact the legal authority in your place

• Half a million? I'd fuck a man, several men infact, for that kind of money

• Ikr? This place is in awful condition. Terrible waste of money on their part

• Let them waste their money... several men!!!

What Girls Said 5

• Possibly he's going to demo the buildings on the property and develope a higher income dwellings apartment, homes , etc... location, location.

• It's harassment

• Can he call the police on him for harassing him?

• It's not harassment legally. However the dude is an asshole?

• Probably not harrassment as he does own the property

• Lease didn't end yet, though. My dad is still a tenant under the previous owner

• Legally it's still not as it's not threatening etc. But can always tell your current one. As he should be dealing with him. Not you