What does it mean when a guy says he has no issues with his masculinity?

My crush asked me if she should go into martial arts or gymnastics. I gave him my opinion about it, and then my friend brought up the issue of gymnastics being a "girly" sport to engage in. I agreed and he casually said, "Oh, I have no issues with the masculinity part."

Aside from the obvious, what can I infer from this statement?

175

What Guys Said 5

• That he's pretty confident in his masculinity

• I am a male gymnast and the majority of the gym is male, in the gymnast world there is very little discrimination between men and women it's only the non gymnasts who think that there is
    so he might mean that he has no issue in people thinking he's girly

• It would be viewed as a sport that mainly has woman but the men and women are super strong. I think he is just not concerned about what people will think. Or wanting you to know that he is interested, not wanting to try "girly" things for the point of trying them.

• That he doesn't care about how he looks. A positive trait

• He's confident and doesn't feel the need to prove his manliness to anybody.

What Girls Said 17

• It means that he is confident with who he is generally and his sexuality. It means he doesn't care about how his actions make him look to others because he knows what is true about himself. He goes out to live life to the full and create his own happiness rather than have people control him and his actions and ultimately limit who he is and his happiness. For example, a guy with no issues with his masculinity will do ballet, figure skate, act gay, wear pink and literally act without giving a care in the world about how it makes them look to others. They are the most attractive men!!!

• That gender roles are obviously not affecting him. Anyone can play or take part in any sport, even ballet, without labeling/deeming them as gay. Everyone has a certain amount of feminine and masculine traits. Some guys who are more feminine are not necessarily gay but they may like girly things. Gender fluidity is a new thing, and I like looking it up to understand more.

• That he's secure enough in his masculinity that he doesn't need to constantly prove how "manly" he is, and he realises that just because he likes gymnastics it doesn't make him any less of a man?

Quite admirable, really.

• Jeez talk about over reading something, he's just defending himself or trying to destroy anything that'll be an obstacle / excuse be in gymnastics.

• He's confident in who he is and doesn't put much weight in others opinions of something he's interested in?

• He knows who he is and does not feel the need to make choices on what to do based on what others will think of him in regards to an activity society claims is "girly" or "gay".

• He's not afraid to get into something that's not typical for males. Though I can see how gymnastics and pretty girly, plenty of straight males enjoy it.

• he doesn't give a f*ck. a positive trait.

• He's calling your friend and you out. It's rude to say that a sport is not for you because of your gender. Gymnastics is actually a very masculine sport, google "epke zonderland lichaam" and you'll see..

• That he likes it

• high ego and self confidence guy

• He liked to have the the women role in bed.. Play with his asshole

• That even with gymnastics he's still masculine.

• He doesn't care on if its a gender based sport, thats not his reasoning for doing it. He would probably rather just do it to enjoy it, and doesn't care about the gender roles... i think

• He got his feelings hurt. Just look up male gymnastics. Its kinda hot for guys to do.

• He doesn't care if he's looked at as girly.

• IT means by what he said " that he is not girly", he is man enough himself