Do guys like it more when a girl plays hard to get?

I've found that when guys hit on me, and of course I turn them down because I'm married, they seem to become even more determined to try to seduce me. The more firmly I tell them no, the more they pursue me! They just won't take no for an answer until I physically walk away from them. That doesn't stop some of them, I've had a few try to continue flirting with me through social media! Is it because I'm off limits and tell them no? Do guys really get more turned on when a woman is more of a challenge?Do guys like it more when a girl plays hard to get?

230

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not the hard to get part... it's the rarity part... when you play "hard to get" as in, it will take you effort to get me... then the will think that you are HARD TO OBTAIN like a diamond... it's basically a bit of a psychological trick... there's a diamond... and there's a rabbit... they are both hard to get... Do you follow?

ANYWAYS... what if you are the rabbit running around... and then you get caught and the wolf finds out you aren't a diamond... does that make for a happy wolf?

AND if you are indeed a diamond then why must you run? is shining not simply enough to attract attention?

What im saying is this... if you have a clear and bright and honest open confident personality.. if you are without shame and guilt and love youself... and are a possitive person... you will be hard to get like a diamond and don't need to run like the rabbit...

AND NO!!! i hate when women play hard to get... cuz sure it might be fun for one party, even both sometimes... but sometimes you don't have time, you got a life... and you just want a person who can be upfront and honest.

Most Helpful Girl

• from what i've heard,... they won't beg her to give them attention

What Guys Said 29

• No not really, it's honestly an annoyance and I don't really have the time to 'chase' a girl persistently. There are many girls I think are interesting and/or attractive and if one says they aren't interested then I'll leave it be because she's not likely to find me interesting or won't invest the time to find out how I'm interesting.

• I prefer when a girl exhibits common sense and doesn't play stupid games, be that "hard to get" or "easy to get".

• No. It makes me incredibly uncomfortable to pursue a woman who's giving off signals that your attention is unwanted, that's creepy. I like everyone to say what they mean and mean just what they say. None of this shadowboxing crap, it makes things especially hard for a slightly awkward guy.

• Definitely not.

If you want given them a yes that would be more encouraging that rejecting them. It's obvious. Just because they keep trying doesn't mean they like it more. Also telling them you're taken isn't a no, it's a "I shouldn't," walking away is more like a no.

• Interesting! I guess it goes both ways! When men are married, even single ladies go after the married men first... and trust me that is literally a well known fact. I feel sorry for the singles out there.

Anywho,... I know if I were to be in that position of chasing after a girl that I like & find out that she's dating or married,... no, I wouldn't even bother wasting my own time. Then again I don't talk to women for various reasons. If I chase one of them, she'll just turn me down & much worse yet,... place me in the friendzone. Hence why I don't bother talking to women.

• Simple. Guys accept a challenge and will fight to the death to win. It's what we're wired to do.

• I've only really had to chase someone once. It was surprisingly fun, and I knew she was toying with me. girls that weren't interested in me didn't "turn me on" just made me sad lol

• Well id presume the allure is in you turning her to the dark side when she clearly was trying to be the good girl lol
    Ya that is a turn on, I do admit 😛

• Not too hard lol

• If they have any respect for themselves and/out for women in general, they will respect the fact that a woman is in a relationship and not available. Those who continue to attempt to seduce you are insecure jerks.

• i find it really annoying. maybe because i am shy and don-t think girls would have any incentive to be with me.
    but some guys like it

• If I even see a ring on a girl I won't bother talking to them. Mostly out of respect to the other guy that's married to them. I don't understand men who will chase someone that's married. If I was married I'd be angry if some guy was hitting on my wife even after she said no and therefore I won't do it myself.

• Not to mention chasing after married women is potentially dangerous! For all you know the husband could be a seven-foot linebacker with a bad temper who will beat ten shades of shit out of you for hitting on his wife!

• Lol yes there's that issue as well.

• Yes, I don't like easy girls. I've always had something for girls who are hard to get. Scarcity greats value.

• It depends, if your being cold towards me im going to lose interest, but if you flirt a little bit but not enough that i can tell if you like me, then it's fun

• Maybe
    (1) they are just looking for an uncommitted sexual relationsgip and your being already married is a turn on because rules out commitment from the start
    (2) there is something in your way of rejecting them that (even if you consciously didn't mean to) leaves a door open for hopes (that could be for example your emotional communication)

• Nope, we're done trying to get with someone who doesn't seem interested when there are plenty who are

• I know, that I don't. I don't like mind games

• HI. LOOK, IF A GUY WANT TO BE SOME HOURS OR SOME DAYS WITH A GIRL, YES, HE WILL BE TIRED AND WENT TO THE OTHERS BUT THE MEN WHO WANT A GOOD FRIEND LIKE YOUR BEHAVIER AND THEY KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT EASY GOING FOR EVERYBODY AND THEY KNOW THAT IF YOU WANT EACH OF THEM IT MEANS THEY WIN A HARD MATCH!!!

• only if I'm sure she's interested,

• Nope, they're annoying

• Not that much no.

• Only to a point. Then it gets annoying and a turn off. At that point, I walk away. But some guys just like to make it a game to make fun of the girl who plays hard to get.

Who flirted with you today? How?

• it seems that you attract unwanted and not very smart guys... Check what you wear, how you behave, what you say and the location where you find them. The clue is in one of those

• No. You're either interested or not. If I get rejected once I will never try again

• contrary to popular opinion, I love a hard to get girl. it's far more satisfying for myself in the end, although it can get tiresome and frustrating in between

• Some guys do but it will piss some guys off.

• I think girls who deliberately play hard to get are stuck up

• no, if a woman is a challenge I give up.

• No. I'd much rather she show interest than play games like a friggin child.

What Girls Said 1

• i don't think its fact, i think its just hollywood drama.