Does "Mens Rights" equal weakness?

So I've noticed that their are a lot of men that speak on wanting equal rights. Such as, domestic violence protection, equal punishment for women that rape men etc. But I've also noticed that its usually men that are less masculine that make emphasis on these "rights". For example, I've seen post on GAG about rape and sometimes men will say "well women rape men too" or "men are victims too, not on only women". But when l ask the men in my life about these things they look at me like im crazy or they are confused by what I'm asking. Usually the men l ask are very physically and mentally strong. My best friends boyfriend's brother is in the NFL. So often we will hang out with the players. When l asked them if a woman could rape them they fell over laughing at me like ld made the funniest joke ever. I was surprised by their reaction. Its not even something they even ever considered. And when l get into a fight with my boyfriend and hit him (he is 6'4 270 pure muscle) he thinks its cute. But when my sister and her boyfriend fight, he is (5'9 180 and metro) he gets upset if she raises her voice. So in my personal observation, its only the weaker men that care about these "Mens Rights"!

219

Most Helpful Guy

• Are the big, strong, independent women the ones complaining about women's rights? No, it's the weaker ones who would benefit from having them. The strong, independent women are already doing just fine. No surprise, it's the same for men - the strong ones are already doing just fine.

Either equality is important or it isn't. You can't have it both ways.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like nonsense.

Egalitarianism is important, regardless of the traits of the speaker.
    Claiming that only weak men oppose sexism is like claiming only racial minorities can oppose racism.

• That is true. So why don't more strong men speak up. They are clueless about mens rights

• Well, I'm sure there are many that do.

But for some, they might choose to remain silent for exactly the sexism that you demonstrated - they don't want to be labelled 'weak men'.