Is this disrespectful or am I being over sensitive?

Lately my boyfriend has been hanging out with his friends more and a few days ago he retweeted this on twitter. I know it's meant to be a joke but I wonder if there's truth to it if he retweeted it. We still spend a ton of time together but he invites his friends more often. I wouldn't mind if they didn't drink/smoke/make dirty jokes in front of me.

118

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask him if he meant anything by this. He could have meant something by it, he could also just enjoy the Office. Talk to him, especially if something's bothering you - don't wait until it wells up and you freak out on him, Also if you're not comfortable with the things he and his friends do in front of you, let them know. Worst case scenario you have to distance yourself from those situations, or come to terms with the fact that they're happening. You're in control of your happiness, go make sure you're comfortable and happy; but always start with diplomacy and words.

Most Helpful Girl

• It may be just a funny joke but at the same time could be implying that friends come before girlfriend aka hoe. Its basically saying you're important but just not as much as his friends. I would just ask about it if made you feel uncomfortable just to clear it up.

What Guys Said 7

• If you get all miffed about a joke video he posted on his twitter, the first real hurdle you hit in your relationship should be really entertaining...

• WTF? I think he needs to explain the meaning of this to you.

• There's a lot of truth, women will usually leave you for another guy while male friends will likely be faithful.

• You should beat him up in front of his friends

• Its the office, its a joke

• offence is subjective in peoples minds it can only be offensive if you allow it to be offensive

• Girls come and go, but your friends stick around..

What Girls Said 10

• It's a joke. Honestly, I don't think any of this is a big deal. If my boyfriend said something like that I wouldn't mind because if it came down to him or my friends I'd pick my friends too. No offense, but maybe relax a little

• This is something I'd post on social media... and I'm not a bro nor do I have a hoe. The Office is just hilarious!

If you see other signs of him putting you down- you specifically- then yes, something's up. Otherwise, take it as a joke!

• It's a joke, but sometimes, I find people take it seriously as a rule.

I think this type of thinking is disrespectful.

• nah it likely has nothing to do with you. its just the office its hilarious, your guy just wanted to share it.

• maybe he wasn't spending any time with his friends anymore because of your relationship and now he's reacting to it

• Nope. It's just funny. Don't let it big you.

• He sounds immature to be honest. I don't think it means anything in terms of your relationship but I wouldn't like it if my boyfriend posted something like this on social media.

• YOU'RE AN OVERSENSITIVE BITCH! jk, I feel the same way when my boyfriend does that. CRIIIIIIII

• c'mon it's the office. obvi just for jokes

• I think you're overreacting